Meeting the Bride... Groom... Thing... Ugh I Give Up!

Victor's POV

I could barely breath at the sight of him, my future husband, oh my God he was gorgeous as all hell.

My eyes widened and I jumped when my mother pulled me further into the room, coughing awkwardly.

Then my eyes met the future-in-laws and I think I wanted to run the opposite way, screaming.

I trembled, they were scary, the father short and fat, disgust permanently written onto his face, and the mother was cold and angry looking.

At least I won't have to live here with them...right? Right?!

Mother took my arm and dragged me over to the couch where my fiance stood and telling him to sit back down, and I found myself enraptured by him all over again.

I was forced to sit next to him and sat stiffly, averting my eyes whilst his raked my figure from head to toe, and his eyes stayed on me.

"There we are!" My mother said happily.

"Victor darling, smile! This is your fiance, Aleksandr! Aleksandr, this is our son Victor" I lifted my eyes to meet his.

His hand reached out and picked mine up, whilst sparks shot up my arm and by now i was visibly trembling. Keeping eye contact he kissed the back of my hand with a dark and sensual smirk, and i gave him a small wavering smile as my cheeks heated up, im sure my whole face was probably red.

"Well, Victor, it is a pleasure to meet you" I shuddered as his deep voice rolled over me, and barely managed to stutter out a reply.

"Y-yes, you as well, A-Aleksandr" He grinned, but it turned to a frown as his mother spoke up.

"Yes, Victor, it is lovely to finally meet you, we have heard quite a lot about you." I looked at her and bowed my head.

"T-thank you madam, you are all t-too gracious." She gave me a cold smile, nothing like her son's inviting smirk, but a smile all the same.

"Well Victor darling, we will have you shown to your room and then after everything is unpacked you must come down for lunch!" I looked to my mother and nodded, standing and bowing to my fiance's parents.

"Thank you for a-accepting me into your home." They nodded and I was pulled out of the room by my parents and a snobby looking butler, shown to my room where an older sweet little maid helped me to unpack.

After she left, I stood up and walked towards the grand piano I had noticed when I walked into my room, and smiled softly.

Memories of piano lessons when I was younger filled my mind, and I let my fingers press over the notes, letting myself get carried away as I sat down and started playing my favourite soft melody.

I never heard anyone enter my room, but I jumped and fell backwards when the person sat beside me, and he barely managed to catch me before I hit the ground.

He chuckled, eyes filled with amusement and I stuttered out an apology, which he waved away.

"You play?" He asked, gesturing to the beautiful instrument.

I nodded and he pressed down a single note, arm still around my waist from where he saved me and helped me sit back up.

"I wish I played, I never had time to really learn." He said with a slight hint of regret in his voice.

I also couldn't help but notice the barely there lilt of a Russian accent to his voice, and knowing that almost made me swoon, I was a sucker for Russian accents.