Chapter 31: "Heliohapt!"

Start from the beginning

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Annalise says.

"No reason." Sinbad says.

"You dirty pervert." Jafar says.

"Does it really count if they plan to be together?" Drakon asks.

"Not really." Hinahoho says.

"Where am I supposed to look? If they're all walking around with so much skin showing?" Mytras asks.

"No... It's not a problem. It must be part of the culture of this country. If that's the case, there's no reason to be secretive about it. We should be as bold as we want."

"What do you mean?" Mytras says.

"No." Annalise says.

"I mean that you should openly ogle whatever you want." Sinbad says.

"That's right! As expected of you, Sinbad!" Mytras says.

"Don't tell him that!" Annalise says.

"Hey! Wait just a minute!" Jafar says and pulls Mytras back.

"What are you doing, Jafar?!" Mytras asks.

"That's my line!" Jafar says, "That's exactly how you acted in Sasan, and especially in Artemyra! Did you forget all the hardships that happened after?! I don't want to get caught in anymore trouble!"

"What's all the racket?" A person says.

"See?! Here they come!" Jafar says.

"Isn't it because you were yelling, Jafar?" Annalise asks.

"Exactly!" Sinbad says.

"These people... aren't from our country." A person says. Annalise stood beside Masrur as they both had a blank expression on their faces. Drakon was hiding his face. Mytras was still tied up and Sinbad stood beside Jafar who was glaring.

"Welcome travelers to the mysterious country of Heliohapt!" The person suddenly says.

"Eh?" Annalise asks.

"It must have been hard crossing the dessert. If you'd like, we'll escort you to an inn." The person says.

"Huh?" Jafar asks.

"Or if you'd prefer, we can give you a tour of our popular sightseeing spots!" The person says.

"That's be great!" Sinbad says.

"I'm sorry. We can't possibly ask that of someone we only just met." Jafar says, "If there's a reason behind why you're offering us to help, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell us."

"Ah... Sorry, we're not really used to this yet. I guess we haven't explained ourselves. Our country of Heliohapt is surrounded by desert, so it's been a long time since we've had any contact with the rest of the world. However, according to the new police of our current king, we're going to actively seek out contact with other countries. We of the younger generation will take the initiative to act as mediators between our country and others. So, we've been given the task of reaching out to any travelers who visit our country." The person says.

"Ah." Annalise says.

"But we got over excited and neglected to explain properly. Sorry for startling you." The person says as they all bow in apology.

"Jafar, if that's the case, it would be fine to accept their offer, wouldn't it?" Sinbad asks, "I want to go on a sightseeing tour."

"You're just going to fully trust them?" Jafar asks.

"Please take care of us!" Sinbad says.

"I get your uneasiness considering the Queen of Artemyra, but Sinbad has thought of that." Annalise whispers to Jafar as she kneels down him.

"Really? How can you tell?" Jafar asks.

"Sinbad has really changed since you first met him." Annalise says, "It's all about making a life for all of us."

"Right." Jafar says.

"But keep your guard up, I've been sensing eyes watching us." Annalise whispers.

"You can sense that too?" Jafar asks.

"Yep." Annalise says, "I always have. How do you think I sensed your attack on Sinbad back then?"

"Oh." Jafar says, "Do you think that Masrur noticed it too?" They look at Masrur who was looking around.

"With that look, yes." Annalise says. The three head after the others and Annalise puts her hand on both the boys' shoulders.

They sightsee and Sinbad watches in shock at everything they see. They spend the day having the time of their lives. Annalise and Jafar look around every once a while. Masrur stays close to Sinbad and Annalise. They get shown a bunch of foods to try and when Mytras and Sinbad has some urine made medicine they throw it up in shock.

"Maybe you shouldn't just eat random things." Annalise says.

"Now you tell me." Sinbad says. Sinbad gets the idea to do trade and they head to the Royal Palace to talk to the King. They are greeted by two young men.

"I am the King's consul, Narmes. Currently, our country is proactively seeking contact with the outside world. It seems that the King will meet with you personality." The tall guy says.

Another guy compliments Drakon thinking his face was a mask. Annalise looks at Drakon as she had a blank expression.

"Don't look at me like that." Drakon says.

"I'm not looking at you with any look." Annalise says.

"She really wants to laugh." Sinbad says.

"No, I'm impressed. You actually to be considered a real person here." Annalise says, "Just like we see you as one."

"Yeah." Drakon says. They come to the King and look up at him. He doesn't even open his eyes even though he could see them.

"Welcome to my country of Heliohapt. I welcome you guests from a foreign land. But what an interesting group you are... Imuchakk and someone from Sasan." The King says, "You're no ordinary travelers. Who are you?"

"Ah, I'm Sinbad and this is Annalise, we are the co-heads of the Sindria trading company. We're merchants formerly of Reim, but currently based in Balbadd. As you may observe, we have allies from Imuchakk, Sasan and we also have some from Artemyra even though they're not here. We've made alliances with powerful countries to build a multi-national company." Sinbad says as he motions to Annalise first before addressing their friends. Annalise looks up at the king.

"Your majesty, Heliohapt is a superb country. You have advanced construction technology, a wealth of resources and excellent techniques for creating quality pharmaceuticals. Your majesty currently has interest in foreign countries. Please allow us to tell the outside world about Heliohapt. Could you let us serve as your bridge to the rest of the world?" Sinbad asks and Annalise looks at him. She looks up at the King wondering what he'll say.

"I'm sure that we can becomes a great source of power for both you and Heliohapt, your majesty." Sinbad says.

"Please wait, young King." A voice says and they look over, "There's no need for you to waste time meeting personally with such a questionable bunch of visitors."

"Questionable?" Annalise whispers.

"You want to make a deal, travelers?" A guy asks. He wasthe Kingdom of Heliohapt's grand vizier, Gafra Ka.