Beach

You look down at your phone to see a text from Gaten. You smiled and took a break from baking your cake and wash your hands. You pick up your phone and look at the message

Gaten: IM TAKING YOU OUT. WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH ITS FINALLY NICE OUT

You sigh and answer back

Y/n: IM SORRY I CANT IM BAKING A CAKE FOR MY GRANDMAS BIRTHDAY

Gaten: TOO BAD IM PICKING YOU UP

you roll your eyes before quickly walking to your room and changing into your swimsuit and throw a dress over it. You put on your flip flops and grab a towel and sunscreen.

You hear him pull up in his moms car. He was still trying to get his hours for drivers ed and he always took you out somewhere without his mom knowing. He was supposed to have an adult with him.

You were 14 so you didn't exactly count as an adult. You grab your packed bag and walk out to his moms car. You get in and he smiled "y/n! Long time no see!" You giggle and buckle up "gaten you saw me two days ago" he groaned "but that was a really long time ago!"

You nodded " sure! Just drive toothless" he looked at you with a fake offended expression. He didn't mind when you called him that because he knew you were just joking. You smiled brightly at him and then look out the window as he pulls away from your house.

                        ~ at the beach ~

You lay your towel down in the sand and sit down as gaten runs into the water. You put your sunglasses on and watch him from afar. He splashed around with a random dog and you smiled softly. He always made you genuinely smile.

A few minutes later he walked up to you "come on! Get in the water. It feels nice!" He urged you and you shook your head " im getting over a sickness" you fake cough and he rolls his eyes. Truth is, you weren't a very good swimmer. Your mom was too busy with work to pay for swim lessons, and your dad isn't in your life.

He sighed and pulled you up and dragged you to the water. You groan and let him and you take off your dress. He pulls you into the water and it's a little above your waist. You miserably look at him and he smiles.

" gaten" you sigh " I don't know how to swim" he gasps " then I shall teach you!" He walks to where the water is deeper and you follow him, holding his hand tightly.

After a few hours you were swimming around with him. You were getting tired and hungry so you got out and dried off. He followed you and sat in the sand.

" how come you didn't tell me you couldn't swim before?" He asks

You sigh " I always thought it was embarrassing, I'm 14 and I can't swim!" You groan and he nodded " it's not embarrassing, we had fun right?"

You nodded " yup! Thanks, gaten"

You thought faking sick would get you out of swimming, but you're glad that gaten is smarter than that. Now you know how to swim

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

PEEP THE SONG and this was a request from Natsu77777777 from a long time ago oops lol