T W O ; New Girl With Flaming Red Hair

T W O ;

New Girl With Flaming Red Hair

I hit the teenage boy on the chest in annoyance as Billy let's out a laugh. "Not funny Billy." I say rolling my eyes at him. He laughs again slinging an arm around my shoulders. "Nice to see you too Ella." Billy says with a smirk. "What made you so late?" He ask as we continue to make our way to his family. "Mère has gone on another business trip. She won't be back till midday on Monday." I finish as we reach the Andrews picnic blanket.

"Elouise, how are you?" Mrs Andrews asks looking up at the two of us. "I'm quite well Mrs Andrews and you?" I reply with a smile. "I'm just glad that it's a nice day out." She says with a smile. I nod looking up to see Avellino playing with some other kids. "Well sit down dear." Mrs Andrews say encouragingly.

I sit down next to Jane and she pulls me into a hug as I do. "I haven't seen you in ages." She's says as we pulls apart. "You hang out more with our brother than us." Prissy say covering her eyes from the sun. "Maybe she just likes me more." Billy says shoving my shoulder. "Yeah right" I say with a laugh shoving him back.

"My, my looks like the Cuthberts have picked up a stray." Mr Andrews says walking over to us. I look over my shoulder to see the new girl. "Stray dog, ruff ruff!" Billy says teasing the new girl. "No need to be uncharitable." Mrs Andrews says slightly scolding Billy.

"Do you suppose they mean for her to be a daughter or a servant?" Mrs Andrews asks. "Doesn't she have awful red hair? I wonder if she'll be attending school?" Prissy adds asking nobody in particular. "What is the world coming to?" Mr Andrews says continuing to examine the girl.

I look down at the blanket underneath me a feeling of guilt washes over me feeling sorry the poor new girl with the flaming red hair. "Now Elouise, how's your studying going for Queen's Academy? How do you think you will go for your entrance exam next year?" Mrs Andrew says changing the subject from the new orphan girl.

"Studying is going well I suppose. As for the entrance exam, it's still a while away so I'm not that worried yet." I reply with a small smile still feeling sorry for the orphan girl. "She shouldn't be worrying Gilbert is helping her study." Jane says with a smirk. I shake my head at her with a sigh before Mr Andrews speaks up. "Mr Blythe's boy?" She questions intrigued. "Yes Mr Blythe's boy." I say with a nod.

"How's he doing? Mr Blythe that is." Mrs Andrews ask with a caring smile. "Um he's doing..." I hesitate for a moment. "Okay... I guess." I finish somewhat confidently. There's a few seconds pause before Mrs Andrews speaks up again. "Aren't they in the District of Alberta at the moment?" She ask me.

"Yeah, Alberta." I say a little distracted from the present conversation. "Sœur! Sœur!" Avellino says running up to me tears in his eyes. I sit up a little straighter as he runs into my arms embracing me in a tight hug. "Avellino qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?" (Avellino what's wrong?) I say holding the back of his head into the crook of my neck. "La-la nouvelle fille I-I-I.." (The-the new girl I-I-I) He stutters looking up at me with red eyes.