"Really?" I pester. "Because the way you belted out those lyrics back there tells me otherwise."

"Okay, when I found out you guys were in a band I may or may not have illegally downloaded your album," Taylor replies.

"Oh, Tay," I chuckle, throwing my arm around her shoulder and pulling her into my side. "I always knew you were secretly a fan."

She rolls her eyes, pushing me away. "In your dreams, Luke."

"Always." I wink.

/////

"How was it, Michael?" Taylor asks the man himself excitedly, turning around in her seat since he was in the back and she claimed the passenger seat.

I watch him from the rearview mirror as he folds his hands behind his head. "Great," he answers. "We fought the entire first two days, though."

"Oh, that sucks," Taylor replies with a pout (I had to refrain from telling her just how cute I thought it was). "At least you guys worked everything out."

"We did a lot of working out, alright." Michael smirks.

"Aye, that's my boy," I whoop, Michael chanting along, and Taylor rolling her eyes in disgust at our boyish manners.

/////

"I'll see you guys later," Taylor says as soon as we got back to the house.

"You don't wanna come up?" Michael politely asks.

She shakes her head. "No, I should be going."

"See ya, then," Michael says, walking away backwards. "And Tay?"

"Yeah?" she says.

"Thanks," he replies. "If it wasn't for you I'd still be sulking over Kora."

"Anytime," Taylor says. "Bye, Mike." He doesn't flench at the nickname like he used to, I
notice.

He waves, turning back around and entering the house with his suitcase in tow. I turn back to Taylor once the door closes behind him.

"What did you stop by for earlier?" I ask. "Honestly."

"I, um, got a few photos copied," she replies, digging into her purse, "for you, I mean."

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, of what? Nudes, I hope," I joke.

She rolls her eyes, continuing to dig through her purse. "Um, no, of Axl actually."

My stomach churns. "Oh."

"I mean, if you don't want them, then I'll-"

"No, it's okay." I shake my head. "I'd love to have them."

She smiles, pulling out a Wal-Mart labeled photo holder. She hands it over to me and I willingly accept.

"Thanks, Luke," she says, "for being so understanding. No one else back home was really."

"Your parents?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Not in the beginning."

"Well, thank you," I reply, "for the photos and for being the best mum I'm sure you could be."

Taylor smiles up at me. "Hey, Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch a few weeks ago. I just resented you, I guess. In some weird way, I'm glad that I had that night with you. Axl was a wonderful outcome."

"I wish I could've held him." I frown sadly.

"It's okay, Luke," she says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "You will be a great dad someday to a healthy baby. We were just both very young."

I nod. "I guess I'll see you later," I say.

"Yeah." She nods.

I turn around, about to head in the house when Taylor calls my name. I turn around just in time for her soft lips to meet my chapped ones. It was a very short kiss, but still sweet.

"Call me," she says, biting her lip as she backs away to her car.

I lick my lips. "I will."

Well, there goes my plans of keeping this just friends.

/////

So that chapter totally sucked, but I know you guys are probably pissed I haven't updated in forever. Like I said, I have awful writer's block.

Vote and comment please if you want me to update quicker!