My fake relationship (Chapter Two)

Start from the beginning

"Right, well, can you tell Harry that I'm getting a lift with Hayley and that I'm gone?" I said quickly. Just get me out of here before I make a bigger fool of myself than I already have. 

"Yeah sure... and I'll see you this afternoon, right?" he asked cautiously.

I had picked up my bag and put the apple in my mouth when I spoke, and it came out more like. 

"Pis adteron?" So I took the apple out of my mouth and spoke, shaking my head slightly at my ability to make everything more embarrassing. "This afternoon?" 

"Yeah, we have a game," he said. 

"Oh, football. Yeah, I'll be there.... for Harry, well not for Harry, for the team, but I only got to those things for Harry, but that doesn't mean I don't want to cheer you guys on..." I said it all so fast but then I just sighed. "Yeah, I'll be there." 

Ringo smiled one of his cheesy grins, one that told me he thought I was acting all cute. "Cool." 

"Well... see ya," I said, heading for the door. 

"See ya," he nodded.

I was relieved to get into the car with Hayley and away from that embarrassing moment. I sunk down slightly in the car and was about to tell her exactly what happened, but instead I was kind of left sitting there with my mouth open. 

"Rainbow hair, seriously?" I asked her. 

"It's awesome, isn't it?" she said, flipping back the rainbow part of her hair.

Hayley dyed her hair random colours just cause she could. She had naturally kind of chestnut brown hair, but I hadn't seen that colour for years. She was thin but not too tall, and had a tanned kind of skin from hours of lying in the sun every summer. I always told her she'd get skin cancer, but she claimed she was immune.  

"I guess it's better than the pink bubble gum colour you had," I shrugged. 

"Yeah, that was a fail," she pondered. "Anyway, why do you look like you're about to throw up?" 

I groaned. "Ringo." 

"Ah" she nodded. "I embarrassed you with the Justin Beiger ringtone, didn't I?"  

"Kill just me now," I groaned, sinking into the chair.

Hayley parked her car at the school and when I got out I immediately saw Tim. I gave him a look and then looked back over to Hayley who had already seen Tim and started walking over there. I jumped slightly and then caught up with her. I couldn't let her see that Tim was bothered by something, Hayley would start asking questions and once she started asking questions, she didn't stop. 

"Hey," Tim said lightly. 

"Hi," I muttered, watching him closely as he avoided looking at Hayley. 

"Is everything okay?" Hayley asked slowly. 

"Completely fine," Tim and I answered at the same time.

Thank God Hayley had other things she needed to sort out so she didn't question our odd behaviour and disappeared off into the halls, and it gave Tim and I time alone. We sat down on the bench in the sun with Tim beside me. 

"Are you okay?" I asked Tim. 

He nodded and started fidgeting with his fingers again. That meant he was nervous, that's what he always did. 

"Told anyone else?" I whispered. 

He shook his head. "You didn't say anything to Hayley, did you?"