Moving.

Picture is Angel

Angel P.O.V

With my music blaring through my worn out speakers, I finally finished packing the last box in my room. Even though we move around a lot I have become attached to this particular house because we've been here the longest and I actually made friends, shocking I know. As soon as I walk down the stairs my family and I will be beginning the long drive to Estes Park, Colorado from Absarokee, Montana. I wasn't even given enough time to say goodbye to Maria and Michael. They've been my best friends since the day we got here and I beat up their bully.

"Angel, come on. We need to make it to Colorado before the movers." Shaking my head I turned toward my mom. With one last look around what used to be my poster filled room, I picked up the box and walked out the door. As I made my way down the stairs and through the house, I looked around trying to commit everything to memory.

"Hurry up! We don't have time for this, shit!" My older brother Alec, yelled from his car. Rolling my eyes I put the box in the back of my black 1967 Impala and got in the drivers seat. With my mom and little brother Aidan in the front, Alec in the middle, and me last we started off on our way.

A few minutes into the drive I noticed that we were not going in the direction to Colorado, we were instead heading towards where Maria and Michael live. Quickly grabbing my phone from the passenger seat, I called my mom.

'Hey Mom, why are we going towards Maria and Michael's house?'

'You'll see.' After she said those two words she hung up. Not even a minute later we pulled up in front of Maria's house. When we got there I couldn't help but notice that Maria and her parents were standing in front of their house with bags around her feet, and Michael was standing next to 'Ria also with bags around his feet. In all of two minutes I realized what was going on, and not even a minute after that we were all standing in the middle of the road smushed in a group hug. 

"I can't believe you were going to leave without saying goodbye." Maria said once we pulled away.

"I'm sorry 'Ria, but what do you expect me to have said? 'Hey, How are you? Oh, and by the way, I'm leaving town today to move to Colorado. Sorry I couldn't tell you sooner since I just found out yesterday.' Is that what you would have wanted to hear?"

"No... I suppose not."

"Exactly, now go hug your parents and get in the car." Lightly shoving them towards their parents I walked with them. As soon as I was close enough to her, their mom lunged forward and cut off my oxygen in one  of her famous bear hugs. I didn't even care and hugged her back as their father hugged me as well while M&M put their crap in my car.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Lightwood, I'll make sure they don't get into too much trouble." I chuckled while pulling back from the hug.

"It's not them we're worried about."

"Pfft. I don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Lightwood, I'm an Angel."

"Mhm, whatever you say."

"Oh, you love me." Hugging them one last time I stepped back letting the two assclowns in. Walking back to my car I waited for the inevitable fight over who got to ride shotgun. In 3... 2... 1...

"Shotgun!!!" Looking out the window I saw both of them take off towards the passenger seat. 'Hael was the winner, so begrudgingly 'Ria got in the back.

"Don't worry, 'Ria, we'll be stopping about a quarter of the way through for a food and bathroom break you two can switch then." I said as I started following my mom and Alec as they drove back down the road. Looking in the rear view mirror I watched as Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood got smaller and smaller until they disappeared completely.

"How long are we going to be driving?" Michael asked.

"We will be driving for around 8 hours and 50 minutes depending on traffic. But since we are going to be stopping every two hours because Aidan doesn't have the best control over his bladder yet and we're going to take about a 10 minute break each time, we'll be there in about 9 and a half hours." Ignoring their simultaneous groans, I rolled my eyes and turned on Escape The Fate's new album 'Hate Me'. After yelling out a loud 'Yass' we all started singing along to the the first song that came on which was 'Just A Memory '.

~4 hours later~

"That's bullshit! Tate was way hotter than Kit!"

"Nuh uh, Kit was like the epitome of hotness." I can't believe 'Ria is even arguing with me about this right now, Tate Langdon was way hotter than Kit Walker.

"Would both of you shut the hell up!! They were both played by the same person, and besides Jimmy totally wins the hotness award." Michael yelled from the back seat.

"WHAT!!" Maria and I yelled at the same time, "I admit that every character Evan Peters plays is hot, but Tate was totally the hottest." I continued.

"Jimmy Darling totally is, but you two have been arguing about this for the past half an hour. Stop before I push you two out of the car."

"Looks like that is an empty threat 'Hael, considering we are stopping anyway." Maria laughed as my mom pulled over into the Shell gas station, followed by Alec and then us. As soon as the car was fully stopped Michael was out of the car and booking it towards the gas station, no doubt in search of food. With how much that boy eats, it's a miracle he has a six pack. After pulling up to a gas pump and putting the car in park
I turned it off, then Maria and I got out and followed the path Michael took. Once in the gas station we bought some Monsters, Rockstars, a variety of chips ranging from Funyuns to hot Cheetos, we also bought gum and I paid for gas. Going back outside we put everything in the car and I walked over to my mom's car while Aidan was climbing back in his car seat.

"Hey, Bud. How are you holding up?"

"I tiwed, Sissy." He yawned.

"Okay, Bud, well go ahead and take a nap, we'll be there before you know it."

"Okay, sissy. Wuv you."

"Love you too, Bud." I smiled before heading back towards my car where 'Hael had just finished pumping the gas.

"Can we go now?"

"Yes, 'Hael, we can go now." I laughed as I climbed in the drivers seat and he walked around to the passenger side. When we pulled out of the gas station I switched out the Escape The Fate cd for a Slipknot one. Once again we were on the road, with only four more hours to go before we were at our new house.