Chapter 2

Five years prior to the previous Chapter.

"Kendall!" I heard my man shouting for me. He seems angry and I'm terrified to find out why. I have a feeling he knows. You know.. that feeling. The feeling where every bad thing you've done comes back to haunt you. That feeling.

"Kendall, get your fat whore ass here now!" He screamed down to the cellar, where I was doing my daily chores for him. Every day he would force me to make him anything he wanted, he'd make me sit and hand wash his clothes, polish his shoes, fix any trips in the wires and clean the entire house. I wasn't allowed to come out of the cellar unless I was making his food or cleaning the house. It was an undermining feeling, every day of my god damn life. If I didn't obey by his rules, I was beaten. He'd pick up his baseball bat, from when he was a professional baseball player, and repeatedly hit me. Whatever I did, I'm damn sure I didn't deserve that.

"Kendall you fat fucking mess! Get here, now!" he spat, once again. I rushed up the oak stair case, through the long corridor and into the first room on the right. He was sitting in his armchair, holding his phone. Once he caught a glimpse of me he raised out of his chair and stomped towards me before punching me to the floor. ''How dare you! I fucking gave you the world you stupid whore!'' He rambled while kicking me in my bad hip. I was confused. Why was I being punished? What had I done to this man?

Then it hit me. Harder than his fist against my face. Jeremy. He knew about Jeremy. But how?

I stood up, tears rolling from my eyes with pain.

''B-Baby, I don't know what's happening.'' I said before receiving another punch to the face, this time knocking me clean out.

        Five hours later, I woke up on the couch with Maisie by my side, rubbing my head. I stood up and shakily made my way to the kitchen where my husband was standing with a glass of whiskey in one hand.

''Can we talk?'' I said, innocently.

''We need to talk.'' He replied as I scratched the back of my neck, awkwardly.

''Yeah, what's made you mad?''

''Jeremy Lornmouth.'' He said in a stern voice, leaning closer to me. I knew what he was talking about but how was I to justify that I cheated on him because he was a massive, fucking, wife-beating prick? I couldn't. I just looked to the ground. He knew I understood so he kissed my head and left. I heard the car engine start and the reality of the situation hit me. He was mad, real mad.