Chapter 50 - One Last memory.

Start from the beginning

"Oh you mean, my special beef stew."

"Y-yes that's it."

"I don't mind... But why all of a sudden?"

(whoosh, dodge a bullet there...)

"Oh, well..."

It'll sound too say to say I want to make one last memory with her out loud, so...

"I want to practice making that dish...so I have something to remember you by before you go over to France."

Her eyes widen for a moment then she smiles happily.

"That's a good idea."

"Okay" Let's make it together."

"Thanks Rei!"

And so...

We quickly buy the ingredients we need and hurry home.

We return earlier than expected, it seems that everyone is out.

We prepare the ingredients and cooking utensils down on the kitchen counter.

"Shall we get started then?" I asked.

"Okay, let's do this." She relied smiling sweetly.

"So...what should I do first?"

"Um...Can you please cut up the potatoes while I'll prepare the other vegetables."

"Okay! Leave it to me!"

I set out a chopping board and knife before peeling the potatoes. After a while I notice Rei is watching me.

"Wow! You're really good with a knife, Mina."

"I..I am?"

"Yes, the way you feel the skin fast and precise it's like you're using a peeler."

(right, where are those peelers anyway..)" I am only doing what I've seen you do. Maybe I've gotten a bit better?"

"Hehehe...I won't be outdone, though." She said in a competitive tone.

"Ahahaha...Maybe one day I could be better than you at cooking?" I say with a laugh before looking at her.

(I take it back, the way she's cooking like a storm I don't think I'll ever be nearly as good as she is...)

"You we're saying?" she teasingly said.

"Ahahaha, n-nothing."

"I thought so...eheheheh just kidding." She said giggling.

"Well, once you're done chopping the potatoes can you please put then in this colander?"

"Sure."

Then...

After I made my own preparation roasting the steak it isn't long before Rei's special beef stew is ready to serve.

"Wow, it looks perfect, Mina."

"Thanks! Coming from you that means a lot and I could say the same at that stew of yours that looks heavenly."

"It does? Won't you try some?" she asked.

She spoons out some of the broth into a small dish.

"Mina. Say ahh..."

"huh? Oh!"

I take a sip.

"Well? How is it?"

"I-It's heavenly!"

"You're exaggerating." She smiled.

(and she smiles like an angel the dish is perfect.)

"Let's dish it up and tuck in."