-10- OUR RUMYA

'They say success is not in what you have, but who you are. And yeah she not only became successful but her dreams followed her path' I am Lilly Raichaind, a lawyer... the story started two years back with my entry in her life and her entry in jail.

=============================

"And the BEST FEMALE SINGER award goes to... Miss Saumya Kapoor" the hall echoed with the sound of applause.

She blinked her eye and wiped away the unshed tear. She looked at me and I smiled faintly and raised my palm and clapped.

"Congratulations" I moved my lips and curved it up in satisfaction and contentment.

She nodded a yes and muttered a thank you as she moved forward to receive her award. The soft walk of hers was graceful as her hands touched the award. Next round of applause echoed and this time the sound of applause seemed to be double. As far as my eyes reached all I could see was smiling faces of the audience and there hands swaying in the air to congratulate my friend, my best friend.

"Would you like to say something in this auspicious occasion?" the host asked extending the mic towards her.

Her hands engulfed the mike carefully as she looked at me again and started to confess the beautiful words for which a pair of ears waited patiently for two long years.

"Lilly... my best friend ever, she is my everything as I say" Saumya looked at me and believe me this sentence has already made me emotional and after that her loving look made a tear droplet to cascade down my eye. She nodded no indicating me not to cry.

She continued "I was not the person I am right now, for few months I became someone else... a person who only knew revenge and nothing else. This Saumya Kapoor who is standing in front of you today is all because of this girl... Lilly. She taught me the meaning of friendship, faith and love when I had lost everything. I have lose my everything in my life, my mom, my father, my brother and a family which I thought has loved me. Only people left with me right now is my Svetlana di, Tia di and jiju and their little champ and my best-est ever friend Lilly" she stopped and gulped down the pain that stopped her from saying further and wiped the tears away.

I turned towards Tia and Svetlana di, their wise were wet too. The happiness that Saumya has given to them by becoming the most famous singer is incomparable, I neared them and held Svetlana di's shoulder. She smiled looking at me, we looked back at Saumya who continued to narrate "I came to Mumbai to complete my studies and chase the dream of me and my brother, he dreamt of being a singer and when he died in my arms only thing he said was, I failed to fulfil the dream thus you have to try and fulfil it Saumya, bhaiya... see I had fulfilled the dream... our dream, are you happy now... are... are you satisfied bhaiya... see your Sau-o-ki-maa (mother of hundreds)... has fulfilled the dream you once dreamt off"Saumya looked up saying the last sentence and her voice became more wet as she dedicated her happiness, her win to her brother.

"Now last... but not the least, Rudra... Mr. Rudra Singh Oberoi, I know you are watching this programme on your television, now these sentences are for you... you are that one duffer who taught me to be happy always, then as well when you are broken down... remember Rudra, two years ago when you were crying taking my head in your lap after the bomb blast I had promised you one thing... I have said...

=============================

TWO YEARS BACK 

"Saumyaa...." Rudra cried aloud.

My vision went blurred thinking my friend has died when my feet went numb and I sat down and silent tears traced the path down my eyes. But the man with broad chest and masculine body ran in the direction of the thick smoke.