Chapter 23-- The Real Challenge

Richard felt his whole body jerk back as the aura rising off Craig grew more violent the closer the boy stepped towards him. He felt his back become warm as he looked back seeing the fire rise up to keep him in his place. "So this is how you want to play...with cheap tricks?" he mocked Craig who simply smirked showing his flames. "Not cheap trick," he answered as he leaned forward a bit, "Just reassurance that you won't run from me." Craig lunged forward fast as he shifted his wait swinging his leg hard into Richard's side.

Richard had no time to react as he flew sideways skidding over the ground as he rolled back up to his feet. He growled as he turned back towards Craig who was already in front of him swinging his fist. Richard quickly moved his weight as he could only block the oncoming blows from the other male. When he finally found an opening, Richard quickly took it as a punch landed clean on Craig's face. Craig jerked slightly as he moved back as he touched at his face for a moment. He opened his mouth slightly as his jaw shifted back into place with a pop.

"That will be the only hit you make," Craig growled loudly as he moved fast back towards Richard keeping his feet firm on the ground as the two seemed to dance with their fighting skills. Clyde slowly made his way over towards Token as he reached out slowly touching at the others shoulder. Token looked sideways at his friend with his dark red eyes as he drew in a long breath. "You can see it can't you Clyde..." Token said before his eyes fell back onto his flames when he say Clyde nod at him, "Not only do you see them fighting before us but their wolves fight above."

Clyde's eyes turned up slightly, within the smoke of the fire that burned around the two a black wolf fought against a reddish black wolf. The wolves were locked in their own battle as their human's below them kept up a quick pace. Richard soon began to grow tired not able to see another opening as he shifted himself back from Craig. He felt himself go down to a knee holding one of his arms tightly to  his chest. Craig moved forward as he looked down at Richard for a moment as he flashed his fangs at him. "I will give you one last chance..." Craig growled as he grabbed Richard by the throat, "Will you put your tail between your legs and leave or do I break your neck?"

"Never" Richard growled out in a harsh tone from the lack of air that was coming from him. He moved his hand down as he pushed his hand forward with his claws out grabbing Craig's chest digging his claws deep. Craig gasped out shakily as his eyes went down seeing the claws dug deep into his chest. He felt pain shoot through his body as he coughed slightly feeling blood run down his chin from his mouth. With one last, fast movement Craig broke the man's neck as he dropped the limp body onto the ground. He stumbled back as he gripped at his chest trying hard to catch his breath.

"CRAIG!!!" Clyde shouted as he rushed forward fast when Token pulled the flames back. "No No No No No No NO!!!" He shoved his hands onto his friends chest fast to slow the bleeding as he started to panic. "Move!" Token shouted as he warmed his hands up pressing them to Craig's chest. Craig let out a loud, pained howl as the sound of sizzling skin filled the air around them. Token pulled his hands back as Craig looked up at him for a moment then rose his hand slowly flipping his friend off. "I-I hate....you...." Craig growled out weakly.

"Save it for when you get better. Come on Clyde we have to get him back now!" Token said as he picked Craig up into his arms holding him close. The two then rushed back to the cave as Clyde felt like crying but picked up his pace shifting into a wolf fast to get help. Craig groaned out some as he was panting feeling the adrenaline rush fading out as his vision become a blur. He could hear Token shouting at him to stay awake but he was too tired. He watched his friend's face fading away as well as several other voices that surrounded him. Tweek.... he whispered before he let sleep over take him.