chapter 6

Joyce p.o.v

I woke up the next morning to find myself laying in bed alone.. "so much for getting to know him" I thought to myself. I wonder when he left. Actually I wonder why he left. I got up out of bed, as I went to grab my phone on my nightstand near my bed there was a note there that said "read me"

as I opened the letter I started to read "good morning Joyce, I'm sorry I had to leave so soon. I had some pack business to take care of. I didn't want to wake my beautiful little mate, baby ill be back in a few hours and we'll go out for lunch- love derrick"

I couldn't help but blush and turn a bright red. he was so sweet and I barely knew him, but it felt like I did. I just wished things were different.. that my best friend understood..

I've tried everything . calling, text. nothing. she was so stubborn sometimes.

I put the letter on my bed and went to shower, I had to leave my room or I was gonna go crazy. after my 15 minute shower I put on some ripped jeans, a grey tank top , black vans, and my black windbreaker. I let my hair air dry and put it up in a messy bun. I went to my bed to get my phone than walked out of my room. I walked downstairs, with each step I took the house smelled better. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom making breakfast and all of my brothers eating.

"Taylor what's that?" I said pointing to the opposite direction. I swiftly took all his bacon than waved bye to my now laughing mom.

"Not cool joy!!" He screamed while asking for more bacon

I was walking towards my dad's truck eating my bacon.. Oh my god this is so good, I'm so tempted to go back and enjoy all of that delicious food my mom was making.

But I had bigger things to take care of. I turned on the car shoving the last piece of bacon in my mouth.

I was on my way to sarahs,If she wasn't gonna answer any of my calls I was gonna make her listen. as I turned by her place Derrick started to call. as much as I wanted to talk to him I know he'd just make me turn back around. I declined his call, pushing my foot on the gas peddle a little more to hurry.

"Okay joy you can do this" Sarah's your best friend, she'll understand. derricks my mate and it's my duty as his future luna to worry about his, well now our pack and the future line of alphas " I said to myself trying to reassure myself

I stopped the engine pulling up to the park by her house. I didn't wanna park In front of her house. knowing Sarah she'd try to leave or have my parents make me come home, but knowing them they'd make us talk either way. I started to walk a past a couple of houses making my way to hers. no...

I started to walk back and turn around. "no she's hates me.."

"Joyce talk to her!" My wolf growled "we've come this far"

I turned back around and started to run a little towards her house, my wolf was right, I couldn't run from my problems anymore but I didn't know what to do next. I was just pacing non stop Infront. her neighbors probably thought I was crazy now..

I started to walk past her gate, making my way to her backyard. it looked just like mine but smaller and with way more flowers, like a little jungle. as I started to walk towards to glass doors something weird caught my eye. Sarah was talking to someone, a guy. who? I wanted to get a better look at him.

I rolled across the grass crawling to one of the bushes so they wouldn't see me. yea I've been watching criminal minds and law and order way to much.. I peeked behind the bush trying to get a better look at them. I could see her face perfectly but his back was still facing me. he had a really cute butt, sorta like derricks..

He turned a little revealing his left side, he was built. like derrick, with the same hair, dimple, smi-

"What the hell!" I yelled furiously

Oh shit, I hid even further into the bushes as they turned around trying to find the source of that outburst.

"What was that?" Derrick said walking out the back porch into the backyard. he started to look around. "do you smell that?" he said walking towards me.

I prayed he wouldn't see me, oh god no. trying to hold my breath and not squeal. But I was bad under pressure, and in small spaces.

"Derrick come back, there's nothing there." Sarah started to tug on his shirt

"I could've sworn- nah your right" he smiled back at her walking back

Okay this was too weird. and why did he have his hand around her waist! my blood was boiling at this point and silent tears started to roll down my cheeks. why.. was I being played. they both looked happy, unaffected back last nights events. I can't believe them. I needed to get out of here. I prayed that by some miracle they'd go to the other room.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The doorbell started to ring having them both leave the room.

Thank god, I sighed to my self trying to breathe normally now. I got up brushing off dirt from my butt and and pulling leaves from my hair. great I looked like a hot mess, I sped walked trying to get out of there as fast as I could.

"Wait I forgot my wallet" Derrick yelled running towards the back

I mentally face palmed myself. my life is over I quietly said. I was almost out of there when

"Joyce?" Derrick whispered opening the back doors.

I wanted to turn around badly and yell at him, maybe cry a little or choke him to death.. but I decided to keep walking

"Joyce wait" Derrick said jogging towards me. he pulled on my arm, making me face him now. His face looked pale. like if he saw a ghost. Him looking nervous to see me was an understatement. if he could he'd piss his pants right now.

"Joyce what-

He didn't finish as I cut him off

"No you don't have to explain anything to me" I whispered pulling my arm from his grasp . "now I feel like the dumb one. the one that's been played. how could you derrick. how could the both of you." I said trying not to cry.

"Joyce you have it all wrong let me explain" he whispered

"Why are you whispering!" I yelled. "what you don't want your 'fiancé' to hear us" I yelled using air quotes

"Joyce lower your voice, she's not my fiancé anymore. come inside and we'll talk" he pleaded trying to grab my hand

"No!" I backed up walking away from him

"Leave me alone, I was so stupid to think that you'd give her up. that you'd want to be with me even though we're mates! I wanted a life with you but now seeing you makes my skin crawl. your a liar and a two timer. she can have you cause I sure as he'll don't want you anymore" I said pushing him away. I turned around and ran as far as my feet could take me. I turned a little and saw Derrick running after me.

"Joyce!!" he yelled slowing down.

I started to run even faster. I had alpha blood already in main veins, so it helped being one of the fastest she wolfs in my pack. I knew I wouldn't be able to out run him but I tried. I slowed down as I noticed he wasn't there anymore. I slowly fell to the ground crying. ugh I feel so pathetic right now!

"Go back Joyce" yelled my wolf "listen to him"

"Shut up!" I yelled "just shut up, leave me alone. get out of my head!"

I could hear her whimper silently "mate" she cried

"No. there's no mate. just us" I retorted

We couldn't both be depressed. I got up and ran towards the car which was surprisingly a couple feet away. I got in, as badly as I wanted to drive into her house or bash my head against the wheel, they both sounded pretty crazy. I was just thinking irrational. I didn't know what I was feeling. I was furious, sad, lonely. I wish i stayed in Florida. I wish I never came here. I needed to get home. I looked in my rear view mirror to see a car driving my way.

"Who's car is that?" I said trying to get a better look

As the car stopped I saw Derrick get out of the car and run towards mine.