Training

-The morning after dinner with Fury-

Natasha woke up at 1 AM, and in the dim lighting of her bedside lamp, she got dressed.

She put on black leggings, black sneakers, and a black sports bra. She straightened her hair, and then tied it up in a ponytail. She made her bed, the pillows and sheets perfectly straightened, and then she opened her bedroom door.

She crossed the creaky wood floorboards of the farm home with ease, not making a sound. The home was dark, but she didn't stumble. She unlatched the front door, and stepped into the cool, breezy darkness, quietly shutting it behind her.

There is one lightbulb in the ceiling of the porch, its glass surface grimy, the light coming from it flickering, almost like a candle. But this flickering is from the tiny bugs that were drawn to the light, and the occasional moth flying past.
Natasha scanned the dim light of the porch, until she spotted what she was looking for. She walked over to her daughter, who sat in midair in the shadows, her black energy pulsing around her, her body clothed in the same outfit that Natasha wears herself.

She placed a hand on her daughters wiry shoulder, and her shut eyes opened, the white light pouring out of them for a moment, before the girl shook her head, and the light faded, letting her blue eyes appear once more. Lola dropped to the ground, and then smiled at her mother. Natasha smiled back.

It was no surprise that Lola was awake before Natasha. The young girl still struggled with falling asleep at night, but only because everyone else's dreams are so loud. So she sits outside and meditates. It helps her concentrate, and it recharges her, like sleep would.

The two women exit the front porch and cross the dewy grass in the darkness. They walk for 10 minutes, until they arrive in a flat part of Clint's fields that is surrounded by tall grasses and rolling hills, making it hidden and enclosed.

"Hand to hand." Natasha calls out, her voice ringing in the silence. Lola nods, and they stand 5 feet apart from each other. They remove their shoes, so they now stand in their socks. They both pull a iPod and earbuds out of their bras, and they power them on, flicking to the music section as they shove the earbuds in their ears.

"On three. One. Two. Three." Natasha calls out, and they both hit play at the same time, putting their music in sync. They shove the IPods back in their bras, and then ready themselves as the music starts.

The twirling piano fills their ears, and they move their bodies in synchronized movements, their arms raising and falling as they twirl across the ground, feet swiping against the dirt as they leap in the air, legs and arms outstretched, muscles flexing. As they land with a thud on the ground, they twirl, until they are facing each other. They dance closer, each twirling step bringing their bodies into reach of each other. Suddenly Natasha spins, bringing a leg in the air, and connecting her foot with the side of her daughters head. Lola god flying across the clearing, before slamming into the ground. She groans, but rises back up, steadying herself on her feet for a moment, before running back towards her mother. As she charged, she started to float, her feet moving through the air. She rocketed towards her mother, and then put both of her feet together in front of her body, so that when she connected with her mothers chest. Both of her feet forced Natasha onto the ground, effectively slamming her onto the hard packed earth. Lola came out of the flying dive in a roll, ending  up crouched on the dirt. Natasha heaved a sigh from her panting lips, but she flipped up from her back into a standing position, and stared down her daughter. Lola rose to her feet, a tiny smirk on her lips. 

Natasha too played a cocky smile over her face, and then she stalked towards her daughter, like a lion and its prey. The two women circled each other, before Natasha sprung at her daughter, her movements like lightning, as she kicked her daughter in her knees, - her weak spot - before grabbing the girl as she fell, and slamming her into the ground, when Natasha climbed on top of her and grabbed her neck, holding it between her hands.

"ne legyen olyan magabiztos drágám." Don't get so confident darling. The red haired woman taunted at her daughter.

"Neked van a legfurcsább harci stílus. Az elején olyan balett voltál?"
You guys have the weirdest fighting style. Was that ballet you were doing at the beginning?
Clint's laughing voice rings out across the clearing as he taunts the two women in Hungarian from his perch at the top of one of the hills. He holds a coffee mug in each hand, and he is wearing work boots, jeans, and flannel.

As Natasha releases her daughter and helps her to her feet, and they both stop the music coming through their earbuds, Lola calls out sarcastically, her accent thick as she taunts him,

"And how long exactly were you standing there uncle tweety bird?"

"The whole time Violet Incredible." He taunts right back at her.

Clint trudges down the side of the hill to Natasha, where he hands her one of the mugs of coffee, before taking a sip of his own.

"Lola was just about to practice her sword fighting, wasn't she?" Clint says, and he pulls two swords off of his back. One is a common training sword, and the other is carefully wrapped in a blood red cloth.
Lola jogs over and grabs the wrapped sword, setting it on the ground, and unfolding it. It was a long, wicked Katana, the black metal of its surface glittering in the dawn. It had silver symbols carved into it, and the handle was a maroon red leather. Lola picked it up gently, before standing and flicking it through the air. It made a swishing noise, and Lola smiled.

Clint took the training sword in his hands, tossing it back and forth for a moment, before settling it in his right hand, and settling in a fighting stance.

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." He muttered to himself, and Lola laughed loudly, her head thrown back, her long braid bobbing as she shook with giggles.

Clint saw his chance, and dove at the girl, blade outstretched. But as his blade seemed like it was going to bury itself in her stomach, her Katana raised to meet his, the clang of metal on metal echoing throughout the clearing. Lola had stopped laughing, but she held a glint in her eyes, and a smile on her lips.

"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you." Lola said with a smirk as she continued his trend of quoting Princess Bride, while her sword shifted and clashed with her uncles again and again.

Her uncle wittily finished the movie quote by responding,
"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to die."

"Stop referencing Princess Bride and just get on with the fighting!" Natasha called out, mock annoyance on her face.

Lola nodded to herself, and Clint lunged at her. She flew up into the air to avoid his sword strike, before gripping hers with both hands and bringing it down forcefully on his blade. But he held his own against her weight, and she ended up landing on the flat side of his sword. She started to slip, because she was still in her socks, but she recovered by back- flipping off of the blade, and landing on the ground, while in the process, kicking her uncle in the face. He stumbled backwards, and Lola sprung up from her crouch, taking that chance to snatch the blade from his hand. She kneed him in the chest, and he fell on his back. Lola pounced oh his chest, and held the blades in a x over his throat.

"I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women." Lola said to him, laughing.

"Inconceivable!" Clint whispered, and Lola rolled off of his chest and onto her back, laughing so hard she could barely breathe. Her uncle laughed too, a smile on his face. Natasha walked over and helped them up.

"Good fight. But you must stop the movie quotes." She said with a smile to them, and they nodded, grinning.

The two women placed their shoes back on their feet, and Clint packed up the swords. They headed back towards the farmhouse together, smiles still wide on their faces. As they reached to porch, Lola turned to her mother.

"Do you think that you will be able to stay with me?" She asked. Though she tried to be strong, when her mother left, it always tore her apart inside.

"I think so." Natasha said with a smile.

A month and 20 days later, she left again. But it had been one of the longest un-interrupted times the mother and daughter had spent together.
It was nice.