Germany's Hate

Chapter one

Karin walked slowly down the creaking stairs into her basement, the sound of the flickering lights stayed for a short moment. She reached for her rusty microphone. Karin stood over her machine and turned on her rotary printing press and watched as today's newspaper printed.

Dec 21, 1942

"Nazi Germany has become a place of hate, everywhere there are people arguing and fights to progress- "

Talia stopped reading and placed the newspaper on her father's desk and continued helping her mother in the kitchen. Agnes Dinger, Talia's mother, used to be great at cooking until her 3rd year in high school. Agnes was burnt in a kitchen fire and suffered head trauma and mild third-degree burns, her burns have healed for the most part but the mead trauma and major loss of blood led to memory loss of lots of things, including her cooking skills. Despite her terrible cooking Agnes still loved her mother, not so much her stepfather, Nicolas.

Nicolas married to Agnes about 3 years after Talia's father, Rune Lagowitz, died.

5 years ago

"Captain Lagowitz, there's a reported fire in the Dinger Gymnasium."

Once Rune and his fire squad got to the gymnasium, the owner informed them of two workers still trapped in the worker's lounge. Rune ordered everyone in to look for them and any possible explosives.

After about ten minutes, the two workers came from the hack of the building explaining how they were slacking off and went to the lake nearby, the building exploded shortly after. The police found everyone's body except the captains, the reporters questioned, and the other firefighter's families criticized Talia and her mother. Still, months later, they couldn't buy from the market because of all the negative comments and the owners banned them from coming and purchasing anything ever again.

They moved to Frankfurt in secrecy to get away from all the hate towards them, Nicolas was the first person to show kindness to Agnes after the incident. They got married three years later and bought a house together.

Talia skipped dinner to write in her room, she's been working on her writing skills ever since her father died. That day she promised to herself, more her father, that she would become a reporter and spread the full truth on things without exaggerations and assumptions.

"Why don't you go outside and make friends, it'd be good for you."

It was Nicolas, he never understood Talia's distance from other's, but he still made an effort to push her out of her comfort zone.

" I'd rather not, humans are awful" Talia says as she scooted her step father out of the room and locks the door. She had an Interview with Karin Haloth for an internship as a junior reporter in the morning.

Dec 22 1942

" Reported threats against Germany have been Receive-"

Talia drops the newspaper in her mother's lap, kisses her and bikes down to the Daily Typewriter's office for her first interview. "Hi, im here for the internship for the jun-"

"Here fill this out and return it for the final review"

Talia took the stack of papers and filled them out, when she returned them she got sent to the 5th floor. The interview finished as fast as it started, Talia did in fact get the internship and she started the next day.