⌜ twenty two ⌟

❝i'll be going out for a while

i'll be going out for a while.❞ jeno said as he came out of his room getting all dressed as if he was going out on a date.

mark tapped his chin ❝let me guess,❞ he hummed, acting like he was really thinking of something

i'm not going out with renjun and jaemin.

mark didn't even mention the two ❝if you say so then.

jeno slapped his forehead as he realized what he had just said ❝fine i'm going out with them bUT—

mark nodded, already knowing what jeno is going to say next, ❝just a friendly date, yeah.

jeno smiled and ruffled the older's hair ❝what a smart kid you are.

the older groaned and slapped the other's hand away ❝just go.

jeno laughed his way out of the apartment and mark could finally think properly now that he's alone. but before that, he needs to eat. he just heard his stomach reminding him to eat dinner.

he stood up from the sofa and went to the kitchen to find something edible. as he reached there, he saw nothing but fruits at the middle of the table and nothing but milk inside the fridge.

now that he saw it, he couldn't remember when was the last time he and jeno went out for groceries. luckily, there was a convenience store near by. he took the apartment keys and grabbed a sweater before leaving the apartment.

he checked once more if it was lock and when it was, he started walking out.

there wasn't a lot of people outside which made him remember something that happened when he was still married. donghyuck went out of the house alone at night to buy something and mark was sleeping at that time. a minute later he received a phone call from donghyuck telling him that he was scared and if he could accompany him. he went out of the house and saw donghyuck crying. he quickly went to hug the younger only to know that he was just crying because it was dark outside and anything could happen at the dark.

mark smiled as he found the younger too vulnerable and right at that moment he felt like protecting the younger.

he stopped his tracks when he noticed a bright light and realized it was the convince store. he went inside and only found a few people walking around.

he went to where the drinks are and was planning to buy watermelon juice.

his eyes travelled inside the store and finally found the section where drinks are located. he then stopped when he saw something that made him remind of someone.

chan..❞ mark smiled and took the strawberry juice ❝this was his favorite.

papa!

mark's eyes widened and quickly turned his head to the side only to see a baby standing and pointing at the drink he was holding.

papa! i want strawberry!❞ the baby kept on shouting until someone came out

someone who mark found familiar.

the papa smiled at mark after apologizing ❝chiro let's just pick another one.

the baby frowned and the papa carried him, trying to calm him down. ❝but i like strawberry!

mark handed the strawberry to the papa with a smile on his face ❝here, you can have it.

the papa tilted his head ❝are you not going to buy it?

i prefer the watermelon flavored juice.❞ mark giggled and picked the drink he really wanted to buy

the papa hummed and showed the drink to the baby making the baby clap his hands.

thank you!❞ the baby shouted cutely

mark nodded his head ❝no problem.. chi?❞ mark wasn't sure what the baby's name is.

i'm park chiro! nice to meet you mister..

seeing the baby's brows furrowing made mark go soft ❝i'm mark.

uncle mork!

the papa's eyes widened ❝it's mark, chiro.

mark laughed and ruffled the baby's hair ❝it's fine.

the two excused themselves, the papa not forgetting to thank mark for giving him the strawberry juic, and then left mark alone at the spot.

mark then sighed ❝i was this close to losing my shit.

he was actually trying to hold himself back asking any personal questions to the papa as he actually reminded him of someone.

someone very close to him and donghyuck.

he went to the counter to pay for the cup of noodles and the watermelon juice. as he got out of the convenience store, he saw the two people he met inside the convenience store. the papa was hugging someone and the baby kissed the other's cheeks, mark guessed it was the other father.

he then furrowed his brows ❝are they chan and jiro?

t b c