"And you're two long ears and a tail away from becoming a jackass."

     Lorn rolled his eyes and stopped at the door, eyeing the metal surface wearily.

     "It's eerily silent." he murmured. "I don't know about this."

     Verger gripped the handle and sighed. "We live on Viscount Street, how bad can these people be?"

     He opened the door.

     Both friends could almost feel their hair sway back from the wall of loud metal that slammed into them brick by brick. Lorn even tore up a little, but that could be from the minty smell that wasn't mint. (dedicationtowhogetsthis).

     They entered, and there was so much going on that they had to take their time in looking around.

     The basement was void of furniture save for a couch, a coffee table and a desk. The music system was in a corner, next to the desk occupied by many bags of presents, alcohol and a variety of disgusting dolls.

     Most of the people were headbanging at a creepily synchronized pace, while others drank or humped or snorted stuff. Valentin was sort of doing all of those at once, humping the air on his way towards the friends with a drink in hand and powder at his nose, tiny pecks falling with every bob of the head.

     "Money!" he cheered, extending a hand, cig between two fingers.

     "Good to see you too, man." Lorn yelled over the music, taking the money from his pocket and slamming them onto Valentin's palm.

     The man grinned and slid them in the purple chest pocket of his grey t-shirt. Then he raised his hands and swayed a little in the perfect imitation of Jack Sparrow.

     "Yes, yes, your faces are quite the sight to behold in my retina. Now get over here and ah-" he sniffed and blinked heavily with a wobble.

     Verger snapped his fingers in his face and Valentin halted. "And snort shít up!" he finished, taking a few steps backwards before turning 360 and walking towards them. Confused, he turned around once more and managed to go towards the direction in mind.

     The two friends snickered and Verger followed the man. Lorn went to do the same, but someone caught his attention by yelling "Hey you!"

     He turned around and raised his eyebrows upon seeing a man strapped to a wheelchair at the lower arms and legs. He was glaring, his nose was flared in anger and his blond hair a mess.

     "Help me out of this thing please!" he leaned towards him as much as the chair permitted. "There's this nutcase Georgie and he forced me here! I'm a well respected priest! Call the police or something they're planning to mess me up!" he glanced to the side and then back at him.

     "Priest!?" Lorn covered his mouth and couldn't help but laugh incredulously. "Oh man... This is fúcked up." he looked around. "Look, as much as I'd like to help I'd rather not have them stab me with pitchforks..."

     "They have those!" the man yelled. "They poked me with them!"

     Lorn eyed the holes in his clothes. "Yeah, I'll definitely stand on their side. Sorry dude."

     "No! Please!" he hissed, but Lorn strolled away with a sorry grin.

     Placing the present next to Verger's on the desk, Lorn hurried to the crowded couch. Two people were lying on top of the backrest, about three were sitting on top of each other and another four were hunched in the remaining space.