"Because Vervain didn't effect the Mayor but the Gilbert device did, and it effected his son Tyler." I stick my tongue out in disgust at Tyler's name being uttered from Damon, "and at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers. It suggests some sort of a supernatural entity." "We were hoping Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." "Well all of her things are still at Duke." I clear my throat and stand up, "Well that means road trip!"

"I call shotgun bitches!" I yell as I got to open the door but in a flash I ended up five feet away form the car and Damon was already settled in the passengers seat. "You cheater." Damon sticks out his tongue at me as I sigh and open the back and hop in. "So Rick put my girl T swift on." Alaric looks at me through the mirror in disgust, "hell no." He says as he puts on classic rock, I pull my phone out and pull up Jeremy's contact, 'okay Rick hates T Swift, we gotta get rid of him.' 'Okay take him out when he's sleeping or at school?' I look at my phone in shock, I didn't know Jeremy was that prepared, should probably show who's the boss so he doesn't try to take my spot. "I see a Bad moon on a rising!" My eyes go wide as I realize CCR was playing, "turn it up Rick!" And soon the whole car was filled with CCR and my beautiful back up vocals. "I see a bad moon a rising! I see trouble on the way!" I scream as we pass old man Jakiens trying to cover his ears, "Wow he must not like a voice of an angel." Damon rolls his eyes, "sure honey."

"So Isobel was officially employed by the anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomena is rooted in folklore." I nod my head at Ricks explanation as I look around at the old architecture of the building, the Medieval chandeliers shown above our head as we made our way out of the parlor. "Excuse me. Hi, I'm Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier." "Yes of course." I look at the strange girl as she puts books away on the small desk she was working on, I push up on my tiptoes and whisper in Damon's ear, "something wrong with her." I said to let Damon know to keep an eye on her, the way she looked at me threw me off a bit. "I'm Vanessa Monroe research assistant-comparative folklore. Uh, let me just grab Isobels keys." "O I'm sorry these are my friends Eliza and Damon, if it isn't too much imposition." "No it's fine Isobels office is through there." Rick nods his head and we follow through the arches as the girl walks past us, "anyone else noticed the weird twitch she just did there?" I ask Rick and Damon as I make my way over to one of the large bookcases in the back, with Damon not to far behind. "I'll grab the light feel free to look around." I nod my head as I start pulling books out of the shelf while running my hands through Damon's hair, most of the writing was written in other languages, unfortunately I couldn't read Aztec. "Where'd she go?" 

I turn over to Damon and immediately spot the woman with a crossbow aiming it towards Damon, my eyes widen in shock, "Damon look out!" I yell as I shove him to the side while I watch the arrow pierce through the air, cutting my arm in the process. A few more inches and it could have been my heart. "Why would you do that Liz!" Damon yells as he quickly helps to pull my jacket off to examine the wound. "She was going to hurt you." I said softly as his eyes gloss over in rage, "I can heal you can't!" He scolds me as he turns to the girl, "now you've really pissed me off and That bitch is dead." He says as he approaches the woman and she instantly drops the crossbow in fear. "Damon don't." I tell him as he stops in his tracks, "hurt her again you're dead." He says venomously as he makes his way back to me, I'm not gonna lie this shit hurts like hell. "Never thought I'd be shot with a crossbow." I say trying to lighten the mood, Damon shakes his head at me as he bites into his hand to feed me his blood. "Don't ever do that again I can't have you dying on me." I pat his shoulder to let him know I've had enough blood, I turn towards the scared girl, "I'm Eliza Gilbert not Katherine, and this is a very pissed off Damon Salvatore." "I wouldn't mess with me." He says as he shakes his finger at her.

"This box tracks Katherine's arrival to Mystic Falls in April of 1864." I look slightly disappointed at the lack of books and files, "is that all there is about her?" "All that I'm aware of." I nod my head, "great." I sigh as I pull out the few contents of the box. I open one of the books and walk over to Damon siting down and take a seat on his lap, some of the wording was in another language so most of it was kinda fuzzy to try and read when it switches from English to other languages.

"There's no record of werewolf mythology in Mystic Falls. But, here are some records of the lesser known legends." I nod my head as me and Damon join Rick and Vanessa at the table, "everything to the Scandinavian skin walkers to the marshelderets." I look down at the drawing depicting a monster and a giant sun at the top. "It roughly translates to the sun and the moon curse. It's Aztec. It explains one aspect of the werewolf curse traced through Virginia." I nod my head, "so that means there could be more of them." I say as I look at a picture depicting a vampire, "the short story is 600 years ago the Aztecs were plagued by werewolves and vampires. The terrorized The countryside, made farming and hunting impossible. Until an Aztec Shaman cursed them, making vampires slaves to the sun and werewolves servants of the moon. As a result vampires could only prowl at night, and werewolves could only turn on the full moon. When the full moon crests in the sky, whosoever unlucky enough to fall under the werewolf curse turns into a wolf." "Can they control the transformation?" "If it were A choice it wouldn't be called a curse. Werewolves will attack humans but instinct and centuries of rivalry have hardwired them to hunt their prey of choice-vampires." I looked over at Damon concerned, "then Mason can hurt you and Stefan, and if they get loose what's gonna happen?" I ask as I walk over to Damon and wrap my arms around his, "Well best thing...Don't get caught by one. Werewolves have been hunted to the brink of extinction." "Why?" "To protect themselves, legend has it a werewolf bite is fatal to a vampire." I look up at Damon, "o shit."

"Have you done any research on doppelgängers?" I ask her as I lean against the table while going through the research, "typically a doppelgänger is a living, breathing double of ones self. But I can tell you that doppelgängers usually torment the people they look like, trying to undo their lives. It's not exactly uplifting." I look over to Rick in worry, "but there's two of us...what's going to happen?" Rick shakes his head as he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Here." I smile as I look over to Damon as he hands me a book, "Petrova?" I ask confused as I flip through the book quickly, Damon runs his hands through my curls as I look, "Katherine originally came from Europe. Petrova was her real name." I give his check quick kiss, "thank you day. You up for late night movie night when we get back?" "Wouldn't miss it for the world."