Heart Of Darkness

Damon’s Pov

A cold breeze hit my back and the sun shined on my face. I opened my eyes to see myself on the floor. Groaning in pain, I sat up rubbing my neck. Anger coursed through me as I searched for my keys but found nothing.

I cursed aloud and hit my foot against the cold stonewall. What the hell was Victoria up to? I pulled out my phone and ignored all the missed calls from Stefan. I’ll deal with him later, Victoria was much more important right now.

I dialed Victoria’s number. Not even seconds later the phone line opened and Victoria happily answered.

“Good morning Damon” Victoria spoke chirpily through the phone making me growl in anger “Where are you?” I demanded, “The better question is where am I going? Did you really think that you’re little road trip would help me get my emotions back on?”

Before I could speak, Victoria cut me off “Sorry Damon. I think I broke you’re radio” I literally felt my heart drop. My car. “You’re in my car?” I screamed down on the phone. I swear if there are any scratches on my car, I’m going to wring Victoria’s neck.

“Well I weren’t going to take the bus.” I instantly cut Victoria off “Where are you going?” I demanded in anger “Home, you bloody dickhead. I wish things could have gone differently, I really do.” With that the phone went dead. Growling in anger I pushed my phone back into my pocket and walked down the stairs and out of Billy’s.

Stefan’s Pov

I had been helping Caroline, Elena and Matt decorate for prom for about a good 4 hours if not even more. I was beyond tried. I literally was about to cut off my ears with Caroline’s constant blabbering.

She was beginning to annoy me. Don’t get me wrong, I love Caroline. But having Adrian who wakes up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his lungs out, I haven’t been getting much sleep.

I guess you could say Elena hadn’t changed much. She still was the sweet loving person she was but just a little more bitchy and whiney, which was something that annoyed me. 

What surprised me even more was when the fact that when I talked about my child, Elena didn’t seem to care. All she would talk about was Damon and Victoria. No surprise there.

She is still a jealous bitch and in love with Damon. I still don’t get how she does not get it through her head that Damon is happily married to her sister. Yes, right now there’s trouble in paradise but Damon and Victoria have always stuck and loved each other. Even I can’t break them apart no matter how much I love Victoria.

What I really don’t get is that we graduated what, a month ago? Maybe even less and we did not have prom then. Oh right, we were dealing with all the Mystic Falls drama and didn’t have a prom night. And every night Caroline wanted to book the hall it was booked out.

I had tried to get in contact with Katherine a couple times but there was no answer, which was beginning to worry me. I just hope nothing has happened.

I was finally allowed to leave and immediately left and went home. I had called Katherine more than 15 times. I opened the door and walked into my living room. My eyes widened as I looked at Katherine, she was a mess.

“What the hell happened?” I screamed at her. Nadia’s dead body was still on the couch and Katharine looked like she was living in a jungle. Her nails were bitten off and her hair looked like a birds nest.

“I’m dying” I raised my eyes brows “What do you mean?” I asked in worry “I’m dying! Stefan! Klaus he came and he-he” she broke down in sobs. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. “What happened?” I stroked her hair.