The New Kid

"Sarge, how come every time the Blues get involved in something stupid and dangerous, we get dragged along too?" Grif asks as he refills the Warthog's gas tank. 

"You know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies within range of your primary firearm!" Sarge declares. 

"Sir! I realize-" 

"So you can shoot em!" 

"I realize that we agreed to help Wash, Zone and Carolina, but how do we know that they're gonna help us?" Simmons points out. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, if we run into trouble, do you really think they'll stick their neck out for us?" 

"Well, for a back-stabbing, double-crossing, no-good, dirty-rotten Blue, that Wash fella isn't too bad. And besides, why would Rex decide to not help us?" 

"What a ringing endorsement!" Grif says sarcastically. 

"I'm more worried about Carolina. What if after all of this is over, she decides to get rid of us?" 

"Why would she do that?" Grif questions. 

"I don't know! To tie up loose ends? To cover her trail? Don't you watch spy movies? They love that crap!" Simmons cries. 

"My God, man! Get a hold of yourself! You're making us look weak in front of the enemy!" Sarge then gestures to Caboose. 

"Hello." Caboose waves. 

"Listen! I don't want to hear you talk about secret double-crosses, or mysterious subplots, or Freelancer conspiracies anymore! We've had enough of those going on around here as it is." Sarge then walks off. 

Simmons turns to Grif. "But don't you think that-" 

"Sorry, sorry! I can't really talk right now, Simmons. I have got to go secure a perimeter over at the, uh, shady spot over there." Grif then walks off. Simmons sighs and looks at Caboose. 

"I liked it better when we only had to fight you." 

"Yeah! Blue Team is pretty awesome right now. Right Tucker? Right Church?" Caboose looks around in a circle and back at Simmons. 

"Hello." 

"Uh....where's the rest of your team?" Simmons asks looking around. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Zone walks along the beach-line of the facility and stops at the ocean. [Alright, what's going on?] 

Xi then appears. "I'm starting to get a little edgy around Carolina." 

[(Sighs) Here we go.] 

"Rex, I mean we're together right?" 

[Look Xi-] 

""Look" nothing! Zone you can't tell me she's been acting differently since she got here!" 

[And the fact that she wants revenge on the man who ruined ours and the Reds and Blues lives isn't an excuse?] Xi then sighs. 

"I'm just saying we should keep an eye on her, I mean you were pretty scarred after her death. And I've done my best to help you." 

[I'm not saying you haven't been, it's just...look it's complicated. I want justice on the Director just as much as she does, but yeah, she is acting differently.] 

"Just watch yourself around her, okay? I just don't want you to broken again. I love you." 

Zone tries to says something but just stay silent and looks down. 

"(Groans) Fine, I'm gonna go talk to Caboose." 

[Xi I didn't-] Xi disappears before Zone could finish. 

~And this is why I told Victor I wasn't good with women.~ 

"Hey Zone, you got a minute? I need to talk to you and Wash." Carolina says on the radio. 

[Yeah, be there in a sec.] Zone looks out at the ocean before sighing and walking back into the facility. 

(SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER GUYS, BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE ZONE AND XI'S ARGUMENT.)