Alex is due back

(Piper's POV)

Alex was due back tonight but I didn't want to sit in our apartment and wait for her like I had been doing for the past 5 days. I wanted some fun. I pulled out my iPhone and sent both Alex and Polly texts. Alex first.

"Hi baby. When you get home, I won't be. I want some fun with Polly. You'll probably find me in Viper.
Love you.
xxx-P"

Then Polly,

"Hey Pol, want some fun tonight? How about.... oh I got it, a club that I co-own?! -Pipe"

I put my phone down and went to the bedroom to get changed. I wore a short black cocktail dress, black heels, white leather jacket and my trademark smokey makeup. Alex was coming back tonight and I wanted her to be reminded that I had still got it and wasn't an ice-cream covered house wife. Polly or no Polly, I wanted fun plus Nicky and possibly Lorna would be there so what had I got to lose?

Dressed, I walked back out to the coffee table beside the couch where I had left my phone. Polly and Alex had both replied.

Alex:
"Hey baby,
I'll be lucky if I see you tonight. Jet's been delayed again. Go have fun babe.
Love you too.
xxx- A"

I pouted with disappointment that Alex was delayed. Again. Plus, the possibility that I wouldn't see her tonight was a downer.

Polly:
"Sure Pipe! I'll get dressed and be over in a few!- Pol"

Half an hour later, Polly knocked on the door. I had nearly finished a bottle of wine. Pre-drinks I guess you could call it.
"Hey Pipe! You ready?" Polly asked.
"Yeah Pol, just let me grab my purse, phone and house keys." I answer and run round the apartment picking up the items I needed. I re-greeted her back at the door and we left.

When we got there, there was press outside the doors. Alex's interview was nationwide and her clubs were becoming a big hit so, this was to be expected I guess.
"Wow, when Alex said she had global contacts she wasn't kidding." Polly quipped with wide eyes.
"Nope." I laughed and got out of the cab with Polly in tow.
I was greeted like a celebrity which was really weird. Cameras and microphones were being shoved into my face and flashes from the cameras were hurting my eyes.
"Mrs Vause?! Mrs Vause?! Who's your friend?! Where's your wife tonight?! Is she still in Vegas?! Mrs Vause?! Mrs Vause?!"

I grabbed Polly and dragged her through the mass of cameras and questions and into the club.
Rob let us into the VIP booth with extra velvet ropes that Alex had insisted on.
"Evening Mrs Vause." He smiled.
"Hey Rob. Hey Tristan." I greeted the bouncers.
I let Polly into the booth and went to the bar for our drinks. Perks of being married to the owner, drinks were free for me and my friends.
"Hey Nicky!" I greeted my prison pal with a wide smile.
"Hey Piper! No Alex tonight?" She asked, also smiling. Alex and I had given Nicky a job here because we knew what it was like on the outside having been released from prison also, plus, she was our friend, it was the least we could do.
"No. She's been in Vegas all week setting up another franchise of this place. She's hopefully due back tonight though and I told her she'd find me here so maybe you can say hi." I tell her.
"Wow. Nice to know I won't be out of a job any time soon then." She quipped with her classic Nicky smirk and continued,
"The usual for you I'm assuming?" She asked, gathering the ingredients to the cocktail Alex had made for and named after me.
"Please and a white wine for Polly." I answer.
"No problem. Coming up." She smiled and winked and started to make our drinks. When they were ready, I brought them back over to our private booth.
"Pipe, I swear to God, okay yes, Alex and I don't really get along but damn I will admit you landed on your feet when you met her." She told me sipping her wine.
"I know I did. FINALLY you agree. But Pol, this is all great and the lifestyle she gives me is amazing but I don't care about it all. In prison I thought I wouldn't have all of this again but the one constant is that I love Alex, rich or poor. If prison taught me one thing, when you're stripped of every luxury you own, the only happiness you can find is in the one you love. Plus, I made a vow, 'For richer or for poorer'. You were there."
I smile at her, also taking a sip of my tailor made drink.
"Gross Pipe. When did you become soppy?" She laughed.
"Shut up! When you meet someone like Alex, come back to me about who's the soppy one." I laugh back and continue,
"Besides, I want to get drunk tonight. Missing Alex SUCKS. Plus, I'm pretty excited she's coming home tonight." I grin.
"Yeah, I can see that Pipe, it's like you're on springs." She laughs.
I smiled and walked out of the booth again and up to our DJ for tonight,
"Hey Lucas, play some of Alex's favourites that are suitable for a club, she's due back tonight." I tell him so he puts on FloRida. Ever since that night of our bachelorette party, Alex had taken a liking to FloRida in clubs.
At my request, he put "Club Can't Handle Me" on so I went back to Polly with yet more drinks.
A group of loud and excitable guys came in and ordered beers from the bar. I smiled. Alex's dream of being successful on her own was coming true. She could now say a giant 'fuck you' to her high school bullies. It made me mad that anyone could ever be that cruel, especially to Alex. Even when Cal was being jokingly tormented by his friends, me being the protective big sister, told them off. We were both kids back then though.
Due to the fact drinks were free for me, I kept them coming. I walked back to the bar, ordered more, took them back to Polly and dragged her to the dance floor.
"Come on Pol! I requested some of Alex's favourites! She's coming back tonight!" I drunkenly and excitedly tell her. I wanted as much alcohol as possible. I was excited about Alex coming home yet depressed at her absence.
"Ugh, fine Pipe."
"Come *hiccup* on Pol! You *hiccup* look like *hiccup* you could *hiccup* use some fun!"
"Gee, thanks Pipe, but who am I kidding? You're right."
"Yes! Come on!"
I dragged her to the dance floor and right up to the pole dancers, Stacey and Katie.
FloRida was now filling our club.

"You know I know how
To make 'em stop and stare as I zone out
The club can't even handle me right now
Watchin' you watchin' me I go all out
The club can't even handle me right now
I see you D Guetta, let's get em"

I grabbed Polly's hand and we jumped in the air and were having the time of our lives, the alcohol was definitely helping.

"Hey
I own the night and I don't need no help
Gotta be the feeling that Scarface player
Stuntin' go wild can't handle this plan
Life of the club arrogant like yeah!
Top like money all the girls just melt
Want so many all know me like Twelve
Look like cash and they all just stare
Bottles, Models, standin' on chairs
Fall out cause that's the business
All out it's so ridiculous
Zone out so much attention
Scream out I'm in the building (hey!)
They watchin' I know this
I'm rockin' I'm rolling
I'm holding, I know it
You know it"

"Damn Piper! I forgot how fun you can be!" Polly screamed happily.
"Hey! *hiccup* I married a hot ex *hiccup* drug dealer who *hiccup* owns this place! I am *hiccup* VERY fun!" I laugh back. I may have been very inebriated.

"You know I know how
To make 'em stop and stare as I zone out
The club can't even handle me right now
Watchin' you watchin' me I go all out
The club can't even handle me right now
Hey
Still feelin' myself I'm like outta control
Can't stop now more shots lets go
Ten more rounds can I get a K-O
Paparazzi trying to make me pose
Came to party till I can no more
Celebrate cause that's all I know
Tip the groupies takin' off their clothes
Grand finale' like Superbowl
Go hard run the show
That's right wild out got money to blow
More lights more ice when I walk in the door
No hype I do it big all over the globe
Yeah!
I said it
Go tell it
Confetti
Who ready?
I'm ready!
You ready!
Lets get it!"

I left Polly on the dance floor to go get us more drinks.
"Hey Piper, having fun are you?" Nicky laughed.
"Nicky, I *hiccup* love my *hiccup* life and I *hiccup* love my *hiccup* wife." I drunkenly laugh back at her.
Right then a dude came up to me,
"Hey beautiful. I saw you in the VIP booth a few minutes ago. Now, obviously you're gorgeous but what did you do to get there? Here, I'll buy you that drink." He winked at me.
I rolled my head to him and Nicky speaks up,
"Don't bother, Vause buys her drinks and here, for her, they're free."
He seemed impressed,
"Wow, you must be well liked if the owner buys you drinks."
I answered him to make him go away,
"Oh the owner *hiccup* definitely likes me. I *hiccup* own it, well *hiccup* I co-own it."
Still, he stayed and got closer, his expression and tone got teasing.
"Prove it." He teased.
I rolled my eyes,
"Alright."
"Um, Piper?" Nicky tries in a tone that told me there was something I needed to know.
"It's *hiccup* fine *hiccup* Nicky."
"Alright." She tells me with a tone that sounded like she had her eyebrows raised and that I was going to be in trouble later. I shook it off and walked to the pole dancers.
"Hey Stacey mind if I borrow this for a sec?" I ask. When Alex hired the pole dancers I had made sure they weren't her type and in return, she made sure they weren't mine. We were both determined to stay the other's one and only I guess.
Stacey moves for me to work her pole and the guy who had tried to flirt with me twitched when she voluntarily did so.
"Yes of course, no problem Mrs Vause." She answered me.
His eyes widened,
"Wait, Mrs Vause? You're... ha, you're Mrs Vause as in the sexy wife of the hot lesbian who owns this joint, like THE Mrs Vause?!" He asked, clearly blown away and got even closer to me regardless of the fact he now knew I was married, married to a girl, a girl who owned this club.
An angry voice from behind says,
"Yes. She is."
I knew that voice anywhere, I snapped my head up happily to find my stunning wife in her black leather jumpsuit, red stilettos and red lipstick with her trademark winged eyeliner, the outfit she always wore in Vegas. She had her left hand on her hip so the streak lighting made her wedding rings glint and her glasses and eyebrows raised.
Now I know why Nicky was acting like that. Alex had been watching me the whole time.
I couldn't hold back,
"Alex baby! You're back! Oh my god I missed you!"