"Anyways," Lucas dragged out, "draw two."

"You wrong." I picked up two cards.

"What can I say, I'm just amazing, Oh and uno." He smirked.

"Bro you dead cheated!", "You cheater!" Me and Asia yelled at the same time.

"Y'all just don't know how to play." He shrugged, the smug look on his face never leaving.

We kept playing and eventually I won, and they ended up saying I cheated, which was expected.

"I'm gonna go check on the gumbo. Don't kill each other." I pointed in between them.

I walked back in the kitchen and sure enough, it was done. I tasted it just to see if it needed anything else, which it didn't. I almost feel bad for doubting Lucas.

That boy can cook.

I took another bite, before closing the pot and turning the eye down so it wouldn't be overcooked.

My phone dinged, I picked it up to see who it was.

Aug <3: Wyd? - 12: 29 p.m.

Nothing, hanging out with Lucas and Asia- 12:30 p.m.

I was trying to make it seem like I had forgotten about his birthday.

Aug <3: Damn so y'all just gone forget about a nigga huh?- 12: 33 p.m.

We are doing something and you're not allowed to be here for it.- 12: 33 p.m.

"Damn Suri, you got the juice." Lucas teased, while him and Asia walked in and stood by each other, mighty close may I add.

"It's just August, he's a little hurt that we're hanging out and he wasn't invited."

"Tell that nigga I said get out his feelings."

"You're so mean." I shook my head at him.

"And I thought Asia was mean." I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm not mean, don't even lie like that."

"You a whole lie, you mean as hell." Lucas butt in, a lie again expression taking over his face.

"You're just annoying." She pushed his chest, laughing.

"Whatever." He mushed her head. "Is the gumbo done?" He nodded his head upwards.

"Yes, it tastes amazing."

"Told you I could cook." He beat his chest twice.

"Yeah yeah." I waved him off.

We mingled a little bit more, until it was time for them to head out. They both had plans for the day and they had to get going.

We said our goodbyes and gave each other hugs before they left.

It was around 1 and August was going to come around 6 so I had a good amount of time to myself so I decided to hop in the shower real quick.

After my shower, I cleaned up around my apartment and moved around small things just to make it appear bigger.

I went ahead and set up a table and chairs on my balcony since we would be having dinner out there. I decided that I would have a little date here just for the fact that I don't like being around a lot of people for a while and I know August doesn't either. It only made sense.

Before I forgot, I went in my room and got the Zales bag out of my underwear drawer and put it under my seat so I wouldn't forget about it.

Since everything was settled, I went in my room to take a quick nap since I still had time to spare.