Usually they never say anything, because they’re scared. Scared that people will think they’re weird. Scared that it’s going to push everyone away. Scared that they’ll make everything worse by asking for help.

I think that’s why it is so hard to ask for help. Because you’re terrified people are going to think that you’re some weird freak when reality, it’s not like that at all.

People shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help when they have a problem.

But they are. Because some really hot guy isn’t going to just magically make everything okay. Some girl with a cute smile isn’t going to make life so much better and I think we all know that.

We get that it’s a personal choice, but when you get in so much trouble you start to hate yourself and you can’t. You just can’t.

So it annoys me when suddenly the girl that’s been talking about how she wants to kill herself for twelve chapters suddenly meets a boy in chapter thirteen and never again thinks about her depression.

It irritates me when the boy that’s been slicing up his wrists for eighteen pages meets a super cute girl that does it too and they never cut themselves again, because they’re so happy.

If it were so easy to just open up about your problems, then no one would ever have any. The world would be all rainbows and butterflies.

If it were so easy to just open up about your problems, then you wouldn’t have spent the entire night in the bathroom throwing up in fear after your best friend tells you you’re going to die if you don’t get help.

If it were so easy to just open up about your problems, then you wouldn’t hate everyone around you for not hearing the things you aren’t saying.

If it were so easy to just open up about your problems, then you would have more faith in yourself.

God. Fuck.

If even just one person realizes that it’s okay to speak up and ask for help, then these rants will be worth it.

I’m telling you right now, if you have a problem it is okay to ask for help. It doesn’t make you weird. It doesn’t make you a freak. It doesn’t make you an attention whore.

Ask for help.

It’s not going to be easy, but the struggle makes it so much sweeter.

Ask. For. Help. Seriously.

You aren’t just broken projects. When we treat people like objects we take away every bit of humanity and that’s unfair. People are people.

Deciding not to kill yourself is powerful. Deciding to get counseling for an eating disorder is powerful. Deciding to speak up about your abuse is powerful.

It’s hard. It’s the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do, but you can. You can do it.

And it’s unfair that we give all the credit and glory to the people that are bystanders.

“It must be hard to love someone so broken.” “It must have been hard to help someone change their life.”

It is. But it’s harder to be the one always on the edge.

You know what, I want to stop doing that. I want to read about an actual journey of getting help. I want there to be a support system, yes, but I don’t want it just to be about how a boy/girl saved another boy/girl just by paying attention to them.

I want a boy/girl to figure out that they’re worth it. That life sucks sometimes, and bad things happen, but that there are beautiful things out there.

Life is an adventure, you’ve just got to take the first step out of the door.