We all sit and talked for a long time until they got tired and left. And I continued watching Rick and Morty.

~

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket while I'm still sat in my bed watching my show. I pull it out. And it says. 'Incoming FaceTime with Sam' wtf.

  "Bitch I'm not face timing you" I pick it up.
  "But you are" he grins.
  "Well I'm gonna hang up" I pause my show.
  "No. I'm bored" he says.
  "And FaceTime is your thing? You're trash for that" I state. "This is like one of those basic white girl things to do."
  "You're right" he nods. "But when you just talk on the top home or text you never know what it's fully like" he says. He was laying on his bed shirtless.
  "Cool don't care" I mutter. "I'm watching Rick and Morty leave me and my sickness alone" I tell him.
  "Let me watch!" He grins.
  "Actually?" I asked.
  "Yes actually" he nods. I open my mouth to talk but was interrupted. "Sam! Remember your sisters coming tomorrow" I heard I think his mom over the phone. Right. Sam has an older sister in university.
  "Yeah I know" he nods looking over.
  "What are you doing?" She asks.
  "Talking to a friend" he says.
  "Right you have friends" she laughs and I laugh covering my mouth he rolls his eyes but has a smile on his face.
  "Whatever she better not have to sleep in here" he says.
  "Nope we have a guest room have fun" she leaves.
  "Your moms dope as fuck" I said he looks at me.
  "Ya you would get along with her" he laughs.
"Yeah speaking of you've met my whole family and I haven't even met your sister" I state.
"Come over" He laughs.
"Not now dumbass."
"Obviously not. But sometime. I'm always over at your house!" He states back.
"Cool whatever" I roll my eyes.
"Now let's watch Rick and Morty" he tells me.
"Fine" I said. I flipped the camera so he can see and placed the phone down to face the laptop. I press play and we watch. Weirdly. Because Sam is a fricken weirdo.

~

Sunday morning I was feeling a little better. I wasn't puking. But my chest was hurting. I was coughing, sneezing and all those excessive things.

  "Morning" my dad says when I walk into the kitchen.
  "Morning" I cough out.
  "Feeling any better?" He asks.
  "Yeah. Haven't vomited yet!" I state.
  "That's good. Make sure to still take some medicine!" He tells me.
  "I know" I make my coffee and sit in front of him. "So when Nathan coming?" I asked. Aka my uncle. My moms brother.
  "He's coming on Wednesday" he says I nod. "And then the barbecue."
  "Yeah" I nod.

My phone bings from a text.

Sam: dad news :(

Me: what!?

Sam: can't come to the bbq my moms saying since my sisters coming or whatever she wants me to show her around or some shit. Ugh...

Me: shit! But Dylan's coming. You need to keep my dad happy!!

  "How many people can I invite?" I asked.
  "It doesn't matter. Just not all your friends" he shrugs. "But your boyfriend for sure."
  "Yeah I get it. Can Sam's sister come?" I ask.
  "Yeah sure" he nods.
  "Thanks!" I smile.

Me: IDEA!! You can bring her to the bbq! You're welcome

Sam: is your dad okay with it?

Me: yup just asked

Sam: Cool, picking you up tomorrow?

Me: yeah

Sam: feeling any better?

Me: haven't puked yet. Wish me luck

Sam: will do. Gotta go pick up my sister ugh

Me: have fun!

Sam: you're still sick right?

Me: pretty sure we just talked about this why lol?

Sam: I need someone to come with me to jfk. It's a long lonely drive but you're sick

Me: I can come. I took medicine anyways

Sam: I don't want to bother you. Plus! You need to rest

Me: I'm getting readyyyyyyy

Sam: you're the best be here in a little!

"Hey can I go with Sam to pick up his sister?" I asked. Longer drive than usual. You'll be fine Jo.
"Sure. But take meds and be safe please and get put on warm clothes!" He tells me. "Tell him to drive safe."
"Yup I will Thanks you're the best" I kiss his cheek and go upstairs to change. I put on my jeans and my bright orange sweatshirt.

The drive to jfk is quite long. I'll live. Just don't think of it that way. It's Sam driving. You're good with him. I take deep breathe I keep my hair down. My nose and face kinda red from me being sick. I close my eyes letting my anxiety wear out. I get a text that he's here. I slip on my vans and grab my phone.
"Bye dad love you!" I yell out.
"Love you! Drive safe!" He yells back and I head out.

I get into his car.
"Are you sure you're good with this?" He asks while I buckle up.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.
"You know why" he sighs.
"I'm good drive! We have a long drive ahead of us we don't want to be late" I tell him.
"Right" he nods. "Thanks again" he says.
"No problem."

"Dude you have an aid for a reason!" I said plugging my phone in.
"I was gonna plug my phone in but I figured you'd just steal it from me again" he laughs.
"You're right I would've" I nod.
"Exactly" he nods.

I put on some Rezz.
"You know. Your music interests are up and down" he laughs. "Good but also everywhere."
"Diversity Sam. Learn it" I said and couch right after covering my mouth.
"Your voice sounds like a dude" he tells me.
"Thanks I know" I smile sarcastically.
"You're very welcome!" He smiles back.
"So why doesn't your sister live with you guys?" I asked looking out the window.
"She's in university, she goes to SCAD in Savannah" he tells me.
"Oh. So she's just visiting?" I asked.
"Yeah" he nods.
"What year?" I asked.
"She's 22 Just recently so 3rd year" he replied.
"Cool, you're a young brother. How does it feel?" I asked.
"Not Bad. We're pretty close so that's good" he shrugs. "You're probably gonna like her, she can be a complete asshole sometimes like you" he laughs.
"Excuse me! I came with you so you didn't she's to be alone. That's not an asshole thing to do. And you don't call any girl an asshole. Not even your sister!" I state.
"Calm down" I waves me off.
"Do you know anything?" I scoff. "You need some lessons hun."
"I've said worse to you" he says.
"Exactly. But you can't speak to other girls Ike this Sam! I'm different. I'm chiller, cooler and better than most!" I state he laughs.
"Is chiller a word?" He questions.
"Shut up."
"No thanks."

******************************

A/N

Sorry for taking sometime. Hope ya enjoy, I mean it's a little confusing but I've got a lot ideas. Not my best work sorry guys 🙁 Tell me your thoughts on this chapter. Next ones are gonna be even BETTER!! I've got big ideas for this guys. Big and good ones. Hope you all liked this one. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽