Chapter 2: Musical Meeting

Start from the beginning

I asked "Do you play?" (He/She) put (his/her) hand behind (his/her) neck and I could see (his/her) heart racing. (He/She) said "Y-yeah. I just haven't been able to do it in front of an audience. Plus, I've been looking for a bassist and drummer." I said "Well you should know some pieces." (His/Her) heart was still racing but (he/she) then said "If you want you can hear me sing. I'm going to the karaoke night at that alien bar tonight." (He/She) was going to the same place I was. I said "I was heading there either way. My sister and my friend are going there too." (He/She) said "What convenience. I have a feeling fate is playing it's cards right now." I laughed and said "I'm Kara by the way. Kara Danvers." as I brought out my hand for (him/her) to shake. (He/She) shook it and said "(F/N) (L/N)." I was planning to fly to the bar but I think I wouldn't mind making a new friend. I said "Do you wanna walk with me?" (He/She) said "S-sure.". (His/Her) heart was still racing but we still walked to the bar.

Your P.O.V.
Your heart was racing. Not from the fact of stage fright, but of just how pretty Kara was. You just met her but Lord was she an angel. You were planning to practice your powers but instead you were treated with a gift. You both arrived at the bar and it was jam packed. Both aliens of all species and humans of all colors. Hell some aliens looked like humans. You were normal with aliens, you see them everyday in National City. It's literally if the Men in Black let every unchecked alien out of detainment. When you entered there was a girl with dark red hair and black clothes sitting at a table. There was another person there who was blue, had white hair and had some sort of symbol on his head. Kara said "Hey Alex, hey Brainy?" They both looked at her and the blue one, most likely Brainy, asked "Who is (he/she)?"

Kara said "This is (F/N), I met (him/her) earlier. Gave (him/her) a lift." The blue one was about to saw something but the girl got up and said "A pleasure to meet you (F/N), I'm Alex." She brought her hand out and you shook it. Alex then gestured to the blue one and said "This is Brainy." Brainy said "How are you not afraid of me?" You shrugged and said "I've seen aliens before. Blue men should be fine by my standards." Brainy lightly chuckled and said "Do you have any tips on this 'karaoke'?" You said "Just sing. It's that simple. There's also a TV beside you if you need the lyrics." He perched his lips, nodded his head, then said "Thanks." You said "No prob." There was an announcer who got on stage and said "Hello and welcome to the Space Bar's first Karaoke Night. Does anyone want to start off the evening?" You were eager, but you wanted to be nice. You said "Ladies first." Kara almost blushed and said "Alright then." and headed up on stage.

Timeskip to after many songs by many aliens and humans singing
Kara sang a really good song up on stage. She started off the evening with Take On Me, a staple in music. Many people and aliens went up and sang, some in different languages. There was one who actually sang Despacito believe it or not. After a while Kara said "I did say I wanted to hear you play and you offered to sing. So go up there and sing (F/N)." You were flushed and said "A-alright." You got up on stage and whispered in the host's ear "Tamer's Beautiful Crime." He nodded his head and announced "Ladies and gentlemen, humans and aliens. Get ready for Tamer's Beautiful Crime sung by..." You said "(F/N) (L/N)." The announcer got off stage and the song started.

You started to sing "Each step I left behind. Each road you know is mine. Walking on the line ten stories high, say you'll still be by my...side. If I could take your hand. Oh, if you could understand. That I, can barely breathe the air is thin. I fear the fall and where we'll...land." People were getting into the song and so was Kara. "And, we fight every night for something. When the sun sets we're both the same. Half in the shadows, half burned in flames. We can't look back for nothing. Take what you need say your goodbyes. I gave you everything, and it's a beautifu-ul crime." Kara, Alex and Brainy were all looking in awe. Hell, the entire bar was. The song continued and you sang "Each breath I left behind. Each breath you take is mine. Walking on the line ten stories high, fear a fall you're asking...why? We're leaving the things we've lost. We're leaving the ones we've crossed. I have to make an end so that we begin, to save my soul at any...cost." Some people were crying your voice was that good. The music continued and you sang "We fight every night for something. When the sun sets we're both the same. Half in the shadows, half burned in flames. We can't go back for nothing. Take what you need and say your goodbyes. I gave you everythi-i-ing." It got into a small break and you continued to sing "This darkness is the light. This darkness is the light." It got into a long break and you looked into the crowd. Some were even clapping and you heard a few sing along when they could. You were tapping your foot to the beat and saw that Kara was smiling and admiring the music. The song kicked back in and you sang "We fight every night for something. When the sun sets we're both the same. Half in the shadows, half burned in flames. We can't go back for nothing. Take what you need and say your goodbyes. I gave you everything. And it's a beautifu-ul crime."

The song ended and the crowd erupted with clapping, whistling and whooping. The announcer got back up and said "That was something huh?" You walked back to where Kara and her friends were and Brainy said "I think that was a very good piece (F/N)." You said "Thanks Brainy. How'd you like it Alex?" She said "You definitely have a better singing voice than me." You said "Don't say that. And you Kara?" She was smiling and said "When you said you could sing I didn't know you had the voice of an angel." You were flushed red and said "Don't embarrass me." She slightly chuckled and said "Well you do have the voice of an angel."

Timeskip Kara's P.O.V.
As (F/N) and I walked back to our homes I was destined to ask (him/her) out. I could tell (he/she) was shy around girls and Mon-El is already married and in the future. So I figure it's worth a shot. My house was the closest and I said "I'm glad we met (F/N)." (He/She) said "Yeah, me too. Will we meet again?" This time my heart was racing and I said "Do you wanna go out with me? Friday night, if you're not busy." (His/Her) heart was now racing and (he/she) said "Like a date?" I said "Yeah." (He/She) took a while to answer but he said "Ok. What time?" I said "6:30. At the new restaurant they opened up, The Continental." (He/She) said "I'll be there." I wanted to kiss (him/her) but that'd be going too fast so I hugged (him/her) and said "I'll see you there as well." (He/She) blushed and we both headed back to our houses. I said to myself "Ok, let's see what I can wear."

A/N: You finally met Kara, and she's into you. Plus you're into her. It took me a while to think of a way you and her would meet but lo and behold. Remember since this book is longer there'll be plenty of time to vote for the next one up on my conversations. Do NOT vote for books in my stories. Thank you for understanding. I hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night. :)