t w e n t y e i g h t

Minyoung's POV

And for the following days I stayed with Kookie the entire time. Ive been with him for the longest possible time that even after we broke up I didnt want to leave him. I wanted to spend the most time with him possible. Mingyu-oppa often came to visit me to rest back at home, although I always declined his offer. I couldnt bear the thought of leaving Kookie alone while he was like this. He has a week left and he is at his weakest. He was bald and he could barely open his mouth to talk to anyone. But it was okay. I stayed with him even if he couldnt offer any company properly. I held his hand the entire time and I only let go when it was absolutely necessary.

The week passed and as the days flew by, he looked like he was dead inside. I silently cried every time and he would try to tighten his grip to comfort me. It did comfort her but it still made her sad. And she would talk to him the entire time. It was always like that.  He would always do his best to hold on to me even if it was hurting him physically. Until one day, he stopped holding. He was dead. I cried and cried and cried. I pressed the nurse button. The nurse came and as she saw our faces she ran out to call the doctors. They came running back. They made me go out, and as much as I didnt want to, I agreed. I went out and called Mingyu and told him what happened, he came speedily to the hospital. When he arrived, he came and hugged me tight and told me it was okay. The doctors went out and came to talk to me about Jungkook. I filled out the forms since I was the one there when he died. I called Sunyoul and told him what happened. He came rushing with his parents to the hospital. They came and talked to the doctor about Jungkook and they dealt with everything. I was still crying hysterically. I really couldnt stop it. Why? Why did it have to happen? Kook's parents came to me and comforted me. They told my brother to take me home so that I could rest. I didnt want to at all. I really didnt want to leave. But before I went, Sunyoul gave me something. He smiled slightly and told me to watch it after I had gotten my rest.  I nodded and hugged him and his parents. Kook's mom said that it was okay.  I hugged her tightly and we went back home. I rested at home, at least I tried to. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up with Mingyu laying beside me, on his phone. When he noticed I was awake, he smiled at me slightly and gave me a letter. I read the letter he gave me. It was from Jungkook.

To my beloved little exgirlfriend, Minyoung.

I know that by the time you read this letter, I am long gone and we have broken up. I know I never really gave you a proper explanation as to why I broke things up. So let me start from the top.
Ive been diagnosed with leukemia and it was at stage 4 already. I was diagnosed the day before I broke up with you. And due to the fear of leaving you while we were together was eating me so I decided I had to make you hate me. I know it wouldnt make any of us happy, but if it made you stop caring for me, it was okay. I didnt want to break up with you and Im an idiot for doing so but I was too much of a coward. I loved you too much I guess. After all we knew each other for years.
Im really sorry for ending it as it was. I really love you Min. And I always probably will. Even when I have passed. And if you read this letter, remember that I want you to be happy. I want you to go on with your life. I want to follow your dreams because you deserve it.

I love you Min. I always had. And I always will.

From: Kook

Ps. I left you a gift with Sunyoul. I told him to give it to you once  I had passed.

As I read the letter, the tears resurfaced. I cried all over again. Mingyu was holding me tightly. I went and took the box Sunyoul gave me before leaving. As I opened the lid, the box popped open. It had pockets containing pictures of me and the both of us. Each picture had a caption and the date it was taken on the bottom and had a message on the back. At the center of the box was a flashdrive. I took it and inserted it into my laptop. It only had one folder inside and the name of the folder was "ILY Min". I opened the folder and it contained videos of each of our anniversaries and the songs he created. I always loved to hear him sing since his voice was the best. And he never let me listen to the songs he created because  he was shy. I played the first song he created, i knew it was the first since it was dated, he was playing a guitar and humming. Then he sang, and I cried harder. I miss him so much. I miss the guy that accepted me and helped me change for the better.