Chapter 9 *FINAL*

Takara (Noodle's now legal name, but she still retains her nickname) woke up from her restful sleep in the middle of a cold night in late January 2013. Her stomach had been bothering her for a few hours, but she dismissed it as something she ate for dinner. She looked at herself in the mirror: messy hair, wearing one of 2D's t-shirts draped over a pair of fleece pajama pants.

After spending several agonizing moments in the restroom, she returned to bed, her blue-haired husband still fast asleep. She never realized how much he snored until their honeymoon in France. At this point, it stopped bothering her. Quite frankly, if this was one of the downsides of marriage, so be it; she really didn't mind at all.

She looked at the clock on her nightstand: 2:30 AM. Although she rolled over to ignore it, she could not return to sleep. Stomach problems kept her awake for the next few hours. She tried everything: from stretching, to drinking some decaf tea, to listening to music. Nothing worked.

Finally, she dozed back off at 5 AM. When she woke up again two hours later, she was feeling sick again. "Why bother?" she asked herself returning to bed. Instead of making a right to go to bed, she made a left and went to the living room.

2D woke up an hour after her, and found her slumped over the counter. She had a cup of tea and a Pepto-Bismol bottle sitting beside her, evidence of her failed attempt at getting rid of her stomach woes. She fell asleep on the counter because sitting up was her only relief.

He pushed her shoulder. "Takara luv," he said softly, "yew a'righ'?"

She only shook her head no. She then proceeded to tell him all about her stomach troubles and what they caused.

"A'righ', I'll take yew back to bed if yew wan'. I'll take good care of yew. O'fer than tha', what else are yew feelin'?"

"My head hurts, my stomach hurts, I feel so nauseous. I don't know what else, just so much."

"Here, yew need to see a doctor. I'll take yew to the clinic. C'mon, let's get dressed."

Takara was feeling too weak to dress herself, so 2D helped her put on her sweater and jeans. He then put on his own clothes and helped her out to the Geep. Before he left, he wrote a note in his messy handwriting for still-sleeping Murdoc and Russel: "Noods is feeling sick, taking her to the clinic. - 2D". While he made the twenty minute drive to Dr. Eckford's clinic, she fell asleep with her blanket over her. He smiled and held her hand.

"Don' worry, luv. I'll make sure yew feel betta' soon."

The clinic was empty when they arrived because it just opened for business. By then, Takara had enough energy to walk in by herself. The nurse guided them to exam room 1 in no time, and Dr. Eckford came in five minutes later.

"Alright, Mrs. Takara Pot. Tell me what's going on this morning." Dr. Lisa Eckford was one of London's up-and-coming young doctors. She took care of Russel's flu a couple weeks ago, so she was their first choice.

"I woke up at 2 something this morning and went to the restroom. I had an upset stomach first, then everything else followed. Nausea and headaches mostly."

Then Dr. Eckford asked her about everything else: her routine, her diet, and her prior health issues. Then she asked her about her cycle.

Takara thought about it, but then she realized she was late. Dr. Eckford took a couple tests and left the couple alone in the room for a few minutes. When the doctor left, Takara and 2D looked at each other. It was like they knew the same thing.

Dr. Eckford soon returned, a smile on her face. Something good was about to happen. "Well," she said through a deep breath. "Mr. and Mrs. Pot, allow me the honor of being the first to congratulate you." Takara tightened her grip on 2D's hand with joy as the doctor told them the news.