Chapter 9 (Aurora's P.O.V)

It wasn't the howling wind that woke me, but the empty spot in bed where Damon should've been. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking around the room. I squinted as my eyes struggled to adjust to the dimness of the room.
"Damon?" I called swinging my legs over the side of the bed and getting to my feet.
The only response was the sound of the howling wind outside.
"Damon?" I called again as I felt around for the light switch.
My fingers reached it and I turned it on before turning around. I gasped in horror when I saw someone standing at the window. Silver hair, red eyes, and a crazed look in his eyes.
Uriel!
"He's not here I'm afraid," he said walking up to me.
I backed up until my back was up against the wall before saying, "Where is he?"
An evil grin spread across his lips as he said, "He's dead."
"You're lying! He's not dead! I don't believe you! You psychotic bastard!" I yelled.
He narrowed his eyes at me and before I could react, he was in my face with his hand around my neck. I coughed as I felt him starting to cut off my air supply.
"What reason would I have to lie to you?" he asked.
"What do you want from me, Uriel?" I choked out as I squirmed in his grasp.
"Your blood my dear," he answered.
"What...is so important...about my blood? I...am...no better than any other...human," I said. "Besides...you...have already taken...some...of my blood...was that not...enough?"
He gave me an annoyed look before throwing me across the room. I screamed when I felt pain shoot through my back.
Damon! Where are you! Why aren't you answering me!?! Someone please! Help me! Help me or he's going to kill me!
"You are so naive," he grumbled turning on his heel like he was going to leave. "Your blood has the power to make me the most powerful vampire in the world. The little bit of your blood that I did manage to take made me feel stronger, but it wasn't enough to awaken my true powers."
"I...no one special...just human."
"Yes," he murmured walking up to me. "You are human, but no other human has blood quite like yours. Your blood type is rare my dear."
"I don't...understand."
"I don't have time to explain it all. I'm running out of time which means you have none," he said before lunging for my throat.
I screamed before jumping up drenched in sweat. My heart was pounding so hard and fast that it hurt.
"Aurora, are you alright? What's wrong?" Damon's voice made me jump.
I looked around the dimly lit room before glancing at the alarm clock on the dresser. It was six thirty-four.
It was just a dream, but it felt so real. What did he mean by my blood type was rare? My blood type was O-positive.
"Aurora? Talk to me," Damon begged and I turned to look at him.
"It was just a bad dream," I whispered. "You were gone and Uriel was trying to kill me. He said he wanted my blood because my blood was rare and because it would make him the most powerful vampire in the world. I don't understand what he means."
A concerned look crossed his features and before I could blink, I was in the living room with Tiffany, Jessica, Renwick, Lance, Rayne, and Damon standing around me.
Laura still hasn't shown up yet? Wow, she must be really mad at Damon.
"Jessica, I need you to test Aurora's blood type," Damon said hastily.
"I don't have to test it. I already know what her blood type is, but what's the problem?" she asked folding her arms across her chest to cover up the deep "v" that showed off a great deal of her breasts. Any deeper and it would've been showing her navel.
"What is her blood type?" Damon demanded.
"AB-negative," she answered with an annoyed look on her face.
Everyone in the room froze before turning to look at me. I felt my heartbeat starting to increase, but I fought to keep it steady.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
For a moment, no one answered and I started to feel very uneasy. They all had a ravenous look in their eyes. Even Damon and I shied away from him.
"Someone please say something!" I wailed which seemed to snap Lance out of his trance.
"Your blood type is the rarest blood type in the world," he answered. "Only 1 in every 167 people are born with your blood type. That's about .6% of the whole human population."
I stared at him for a long moment before looking at Damon who now had a worried look on his face, but there was something else amongst the worry that made my blood run cold. Fear.
"One drop of your blood will make any vampire extremely strong. Stronger than any vampire the world has ever known," he said.
"Which explains why Uriel wants her blood so badly," Rayne spoke up. "He needs her blood to not only make himself stronger, but his clan as well. We can't let him get her. If he does, it will not only be the end of humanity, but the end of us as well."
"What can we do to help keep her safe?" Tiffany asked looking at Lance.
"Well, there is one thing..."
"No!" Damon snapped making me jump. "I will not allow that!"
"Allow what?" I asked turning to face him.
"Damon, it won't change her blood type, but it will help her to protect herself," Rayne said.
Damon's voice became grim as he said, "I will not change her! I am not going to end this girl's life!"
"If you don't, Uriel will," Renwick spoke up this time.
Damon sighed heavily and turned to look at me. As everyone's eyes turned back on me, I felt like I was a mouse under the watchful eye of several hawks.
I can't become a vampire. I don't want to live like them. I can't. What did I do to deserve this? My mother's dead, I'm being plagued by a crazed vampire who wants my blood, and now I must choose between being a vampire or staying human.
My eyes watered and tears spilled down my cheeks. My legs felt like they had turned into jelly and the floor became diagonal. I threw my arms forward to catch myself, but before I could hit the floor, arms wrapping around me made me look up expecting to see Damon, but to my intense surprise it was Lance.
"It's okay," he murmured moving me over to the sofa.
I sat down on the sofa and stared at my feet.
"Damon, you have to make the choice," Rayne said.
I looked up at Damon half expecting him to argue with him, but to my dismay, he turned around and walked upstairs leaving me downstairs with Lance, Rayne, Jessica, Tiffany, and Renwick.
"I'll go talk to him," Renwick muttered before following Damon upstairs.
Lance nodded and looked at me with a small smile on his face before saying, "Do not fret. Everything will be alright."
How? I wanted to ask, but my mouth wouldn't work. All I could do was nod.