Chapter 15 (Aurora's P.O.V)

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by soreness and Damon's arms wrapped around my stomach. I rolled over onto my back and stared at the ceiling listening to the sound of the rain outside. The rainstorm seemed to have died down at some point last night. I smiled as the memory of last night's events replayed in my mind. His hands touching every inch of my naked body, his lips kissing and lightly biting, and his breath against my ear. I let out a little moan just thinking about it.
Beside me, Damon stirred, but did not wake as I absent mindedly traced my fingertips over his arm. I looked over at him as I watched his sleeping face; his features were relaxed and peaceful. Much different from the faces I saw last night.
The way he pinned me down on the bed with a look in his eyes that made me both uncomfortable and longing. His fingers playing across my skin as he continued to enter me. Scratching his back in a pleading manner as the feeling of pain and pleasure mixed together making it impossible to tell which felt better. His lips on my neck. Sucking and biting. His hands between my thighs. His tongue trailing down to my navel making me ready to explode.
Last night was amazing compared to the first time we had sex. Though it was full of passion in the beginning, it ended horribly. I shuddered as I remembered the things he had said to me that night. The look he had in his eyes as he turned his back on me and left me alone in the woods. I shook my head to clear the thoughts. He loves me. Last night proved that. In more ways than one.
I sighed heavily. I wanted to relive last night repeatedly. I wanted to lie in this bed with him forever and forget about everything, but I couldn't. With Uriel and Laura still hunting for me, I could never truly relax and let my guard down. Neither could Damon.
"What are you contemplating about?" his voice startled me and I looked at him to see that his eyes were closed, but he had a smile on his lips.
"Last night," I answered grinning as he opened his eyes.
He laughed and I climbed on top of him extremely aware of his growing erection.
"Did you enjoy it?" he asked staring at me.
"Enjoy it? I wanted to keep reliving it. I wish I had a redo button," I answered.
He grinned at me and before I could ask why he was grinning he thrusted his hips up. I gasped when I felt him slide in immediately.
"Why don't we relive it now?" he said.
I opened my mouth to protest, but before I could, he pulled me down so that my breasts were pressed against his chest and started thrusting at a slow steady pace. I bit back the moan that tried to escape my lips as he nibbled on my neck.
"Damon...the storm has let up...don't you think we...should be getting a move on...before Uriel or Laura finds us?" I asked around pants.
"We will," he murmured. "After I'm done with you."
I gasped when I felt him thrusting faster and harder until I could hear the headboard hitting the wall. Suddenly, I felt myself clamping down on him and a few seconds later wave after wave of pleasure shot through my body. He let out an animalistic growl as I felt him empty his load deep inside of me. I collapsed on his chest listening to the sound of his heartbeat while I struggled to regain control of my body.
"Not as passionate as last night, but it should be able to hold you over until we get to another spot," he murmured into my hair.
"Yeah, it should."
After a few more moments of lying on his chest, I got up slowly and leaned against the wall feeling drained, but satisfied.
He looked at me and smiled before saying, "Was I too much for you to handle?"
"No," I answered sticking my tongue out at him. "I'm just trying to recuperate that's all."
He smirked, clearly not convinced by what I said, before walking over to the window and peeking out of the curtain.
"How is it?" I asked as I grabbed my clothes off the floor.
"Still raining, but it's pretty much drizzle compared to what it was last night. Good thing we stopped here when we did."
"You're welcome," I murmured before walking into the bathroom.
I closed the door and stared at my visage in the mirror.
Hickeys and bite marks were plastered all over the place and not only my neck. They were all over my breasts and stomach. There was a bruise on my ribs in the shape of his hand and there was a bite mark under my left breast. Love bites. Love bites that were already starting to heal.
I turned to the shower before turning it on and waiting for the water to turn hot. When it finally did, I stepped under the hot stream and let the water pour on me before tipping my head back and letting it wash down my throat and breasts. I grabbed a bar of soap before coating myself in it and washing it off.
After a few minutes, I stepped out of the shower and grab a towel that was on the back of the toilet. I dried myself and wrapped the towel around my chest. I picked up my clothes and threw them over my shoulder as I walked out of the bathroom to find Damon sitting on the bed watching the news.
"Anything interesting?" I asked.
"See for yourself."
I glanced at the television and gasped in horror at what I saw. Innocent people, or at least they were at one point, were now ravenous vampires killing and murdering whatever humans were left alive. I felt my knees go weak when I saw one vampire with blue hair and red eyes.
"Tiffany," I whispered before Damon shut the television off and tossed the remote on the bed.
"We have to go."
"Go?" I asked looking at him in shock. "We can't leave them like that! We must go back, Damon!"
"There's no point," he answered putting his shoes on.
"What do you mean there is no point!?! They are your family, Damon! You can't just abandon them!" I shouted walking up to him.
"It's what they would have wanted us to do!" he snapped.
My eyes watered and I frowned before saying, "Do you hear yourself? How do you know that's what they would have wanted!?! Do you think they want to be a slave to Uriel and Laura? I know I wouldn't! We must try to save them!"
"AURORA!! THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO!! IT'S TOO LATE THE SAVE THEM!!" he roared making me flinch. He sighed heavily and said, "I won't risk your life for theirs. I just can't. I love you too damn much to do that. I promised not only myself, but you that I will keep you safe and the only way to do that is to get you to Venice." The tears spilled down my cheeks and he pulled me against his chest. "Sometimes we must make sacrifices in life, Aurora. Sacrifice one thing for another, but I will not sacrifice your life to save theirs when there is no hope for them. Once they have been brainwashed, there is no turning back. Now come on, we have to go."
He let me go and I put my clothes on absent mindedly while he gathered up the ones I had on. Within fifteen minutes, we were on the road again. Headed for Venice.