Arthur Weasley x Bellatrix Lestrange

This was it.

The battle of Hogwarts was over.

Everyone had stopped to watch the battle once they had torn their eyes away from Voldemort- a crazed mother desperately protecting her children, another, pregnant, under the insanity curse, both fighting to the death.

Every Hogwartian stood with baited breath, watching the two fire red-hot curses at each other, although it became clear that one was fighting a losing battle.

Molly, driven by uncharacteristic revenge for her dead son had challenged the soon-to-be was backed by an army of underage wizards, whom she had forbidden to get involved after watching so many of them fall before. But this was an unbalanced match- Bellatrix, although pregnant, was in the early stages, and this, paired with the fact she was one of the most skilled witches of her age, made the middle aged woman stood in front of her an easy target.

"Avarda Kedavra" she cackled, watching the hope of the onlookers die as the red-haired witch fell to the floor, before turning to the family stood behind her. She had picked out the father straight away- although not the tallest, he was certainly capable performing with the agility of his offspring, one of whom, she knew was the friend of Harry Potter himself.

What was his name again? Arthur, he was the head of the Misuse of magical artefact , a perfect muggle job for the Bloodtraiter. But there was something about his look- he wasn't upset as she thought the wet blanket would have been, but angry, a violent fire blazing in his eyes to protect his children and avenge his wife's death.

"Come on Weasley!" she taunted, indicating towards the red-faced man. "Come and kill me so you and your children can sleep at night!"

"I'm not like you" he replied calmly, although he was shaking with repressed rage. "I don't go round killing people for sports."

"I'll kill you!" screamed the youngest Weasely, fighting her brother Rons' arms as he attempted to restrain her. "I'll rip you apart for what you've done."

"Sweet" Bella replied coldly. She turned back to Arthur, her heart set on him. "Duel me, or I'll kill your whole family." she turned to Ginny, unimpressed by her childish antics. "And I'll start with your daughter."

"I will not fight you, not in front of them" he replied quietly, holding his young daughter back as she attempted to fly at Bella, and rip out her flyway hair for what she'd done. He could see that she was serious- how do you wager with a mad woman? He knew that she'd never leave his family alone if he didn't go with her now. So, solemnly, he turned to the tallest of the six, a boy with long hair and a fang earring. "Look after your brothers and sister, Bill."

"What,  no, you can't go!" he hissed, leaning in close so the dark witch couldn't overhear. "Dad, she'll tear you apart, she's famous for her duelling skills- look what she did to mum!"

"I know. So I can't let that happen to you, can I? After this, apparate away, far away, hide yourselves. Take the clock- that way you'll know where I am and you can find me. I love you all" he concluded sadly. He wasn't stupid- he knew this would be the last time he''d probably ever see them. But he'd silently promised Molly that he'd look after them, and so he would.

With a quick goodbye to the rest of his children, he walked up to Bellatrix with more confidence than he felt, and took her hand to apparate. Bella was surprised by the gesture, she had assumed that he would grab her a lot more abruptly, trying to injure her in any means possible before his inevitable death. She supposed he was just stupid, and soft-hearted.

They landed outside near a beach- she couldn't tell exactly where, somewhere in southern England she had guessed. They grazed the top of a cliff over looking a bay, a seaside town behind them, over looking murky grey waters and a sky full of angry sounding clouds.