4. Feelings (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

She rang the doorbell twice before rubbing her hand over the slicked back parts of her hair. Seconds later the door swung open and thankfully it was her mother. She held her chest and let out a deep breath.

 She held her chest and let out a deep breath

"I thought you'd never show up. Come on in here girl." She stepped to the side as Trinity smiled at her mother's dramatic actions.

Trinity placed her purse down on the sofa before taking her jacket off and drapping it over the arm of the sofa. Silence took over the room as Trinity looked around.

"Your brother is in the kitchen." she clasped her hands together with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Momma, please stoptrying to force us to have a conversation." Trinity pleaded.

"Baby, I know you don't want to forgive him, but communication will help." she informed her daughter who couldn't bring herself to try and forgive her brother, he only wanted to help her, but her mother only knew that those were his intentions.

She dragged her daughter into the kitchen with her forcing her to finally be face to face with her brother. Hearing footsteps he turned around to see the person he hadn't seen since moving away to start his acting career.

They stared at at each other with intense silence as their mother glanced between the both of them waiting on one of them to speak

They stared at at each other with intense silence as their mother glanced between the both of them waiting on one of them to speak. When she realized neither of them would, she forced them to.

"Look one of yall is gonna have to speak to the other one day and that day is gonna be today because if I die tomorrow it's yall fault. Worrying me to death about if yall will ever get along again." she raised her voice and put her hands on her hips. Neither of them still said anything.

"I'm waiting." she folded her arms. Trinity huffed before hesitating to let out a dry hey to her brother. He returned one and they looked at their mother who looked between the two as if they had lost their minds.

"You know what, this is God's work I am done trying to rush it. One day you two will really need each other and that day is coming sooner than the both of you think." Trinity slightly glanced at her mother thinking she didn't need shit from him. Terrence felt the same way because he felt like he had done nothing wrong, but try to protect his little sister. Deep down he still knew his mother was right and wanted to be best friends with his sister again, but Trinity's stubbornness wouldn't let her see.