A Fleeting Moment

Start from the beginning

Noah let out a sigh. "You've got to stop being so good at that game." He turned to the guys. "Where's his shirt?"

The guys shrugged.

Noah turned back to the figure on the ground. "Did you use it to bet?"

The figure only grunted.

Shaking his head, Noah turned to the other guys. "How much did he take?"

"Five thousand points," the guys didn't hesitate to answer.

Noah scratched his hair. "Five thousand you say?"

The guys nodded.

"Eish." Noah shook his head.

The guys stepped forward, fists clenched threateningly.

"Alright, alright!" Noah held up his hands. "If I pay you will you scram?"

The guys exchanged glances. One of them nodded.

Noah reached out his hand, holding his bracelet next to another guys. He pulled up a screen and did something on it before putting his hand down. "Alright, leave."

The guys didn't complain. They picked up their comrade from the table before walking past Sahara and leaving the room.

Sahara stood, frozen to the spot as her eyes stayed glued to the figure sitting in the corner. Her eyes traveled up from his bare chest that was covered with bruises. There was a familiar medallion hanging around his neck. Her eyes swept over it, reaching the familiar tattoo that started on the side of his neck and made its way down to just below his shoulder. As she reached his face she took in a sharp breath of air. That face, she couldn't mistake it for anyone else. Terrell.

His hair had grown. It was ragged, as though he had been given a poor haircut, or had perhaps done so himself. Yet, it was long enough so that it almost reached his shoulders, completely hiding his eyes. Despite that, he was even more handsome than she remembered.

Sahara's eyes drifted to the purple bruise forming on the side of his face. When she had entered the room she had expected to find him with another girl draped over him...not this. What's going on? She couldn't help but wonder. He didn't even try to defend himself!

Noah walked up to Terrell and crouched down.

"Are you crazy?" he asked.

His reply was another grunt.

Sahara hand went to her mouth when as Noah raised his fist and punched Terrell right across the face. The sound of his fist making contact echoed through the room and Terrell's head snapped to the side as a result.

He grabbed Terrell's hair and pulled him closer. "Feel better?"

"Hurts," Terrell moaned, his fingers going to his lip that was now bloody, thanks to Noah.

Noah pushed him back. "You're pathetic," he said as he got up. "If any of the other guys saw you..." Shaking his head he turned to Sahara. "Unfortunately, it seems that he seems to think this pain," he thumped a hand to his chest, "can only be solved by a different pain." He motioned to his first. "Idiot. Getting beat up on purpose."

"Who're you talking to?" Terrell asked.

He lifted his eyes, those emerald green eyes. They landed right on her, meeting her own.

"Huh," Terrell let out a laugh. "Hey, Noah. I've finally lost it. I'm seeing things."

"Are you now?" Noah snorted. He walked across the room. He picked up what looked to be a black shirt. Bunching it up, he threw it at Terrell. "Put something on."