Gain and Loss

Sahara watched the approaching LCS with her heart pounding. They were taking their time, seeming to have realized that they had their prey pinned down.

"Yo...Terrell...What do you think?" Marcus' eyes scanned the enemy.

"Four, three...five..." Terrell cocked his head. "There's only twelve of them."

"Only?' Sahara asked weakly.

"Five of us...that's two point four per person," Kimble joined in.

The nameless Phantom member snorted. "Are you planning to beat one of them only a fourth to unconsciousness?"

Sahara couldn't believe her ears. Her eyes darted from the masked Phantom's to the approaching LCS. Why aren't they afraid? We're clearly outnumbered!

"Hey...Terrell." Marcus began.

"Hmm..." Terrell cracked his neck.

"You know where she is...the little girl, right?"

"Yeah."

Marcus nodded. "Ok. You go. We'll keep them occupied." He turned to the other two Phantoms. "That's four a person...anyone got a problem with that?"

"Nope," nameless guy cracked his knuckles.

"There's only three on one side so it makes sense if one of us takes five..." Kimble's argument went unheard as the other two charged in opposite directions. "Never mind." She took the third way.

Terrell let out a sigh. "Guess we're on our own from here on out." He grabbed a speechless Sahara's hand. Once again she found herself being dragged along. They went in the same direction as Kimble, ducking past the girl as her fist flew toward an LCS member.

Another made a reach for Sahara. Terrell was quicker. He pushed her, propelling her past the uniformed man. He himself ducked and avoided a blow altogether as he glided past. Sahara found herself tumbling towards a LCS women. Again, Terrell's hand shot out. He grabbed her, pulling her out of reach just in time. They were now passing by the last one.

The man pulled a weapon but Terrell would have none of it. He shot past Sahara, pushed off the edge of the wall and kicked the weapon right out of the man's hand. The Phantom paused, and Sahara could only assume that he smiled under the mask, before he knocked the man flat out with a spinning kick.

"Hey was mine!" Kimble yelled as Terrell took Sahara's hand and pulled her along once more.

The Omega raised a hand in response. "I'll make it up later!" he called back before they rounded a corner.

They continued down hallway after hallway, leaving the shouts behind. Alarms continued to blare and yet they had become all but background noise for Sahara. Something told her that if the city wasn't in chaos then there would be more security. At the same time she was grateful that there wasn't.

Terrell opened another door. He pulled Sahara inside and closed it. She expected him to continue pulling her along through some side room, and yet he leaned against the closed door, panting.

"W-what a-about the...others," Sahara gasped as she tried to catch her breath. She leaned over, hands resting on her knees.

"They'll be fine..." Terrell panted. He pulled the mask down, his eyes twinkling. "They're Phantoms after all."

Sahara shook her head. "Crazy," she gasped. "Every last one of you."

Terrell grinned. "So I've been told."

They stood for a moment, both trying to catch their breath.

Feeling somewhat less winded, Sahara stood up. She turned to look at the room they were in, wrinkling her nose as she became aware of the chemical smell that lingered. Her eyes landed on several colorful glass tubs that were displayed throughout the area. The bright colors made it look like a chemistry classroom on steroids.