day two » therapy

Wednesday, July 2nd, therapy.

Maylin ✕ pov

It was already about 9:30, meaning it was therapy session time. I looked back at Luke's table earlier today at breakfast, but he wasn't there like he was yesterday.

"C'mon May, therapy isn't that bad. It's just boring as hell." Alaina patted my back.

She certainly wasn't lying when she said she tends to break the no touching rule. But I didn't mind, I smiled at the nickname she gave me and walked down the dark hall to the therapy room.

There was a circle of chairs, and all were filled but three. I knew the two were for me and Alaina, but didn't know who the third was for. We took our seats and waited for the third missing person to arrive. "He's always late." The therapist scoffed.

Suddenly, Luke walked through the door. He slumped into the empty chair across from me and pulled his hood up.

"Okay everyone, we have a new face to introduce, Maylin. How about you tell us a little bit about yourself?" The therapist beamed. I wasn't sure but I think Alaina said her name was Mary. I took a deep breath and looked around the circle, seeing everyone's eyes on me.

"Well, I'm Maylin. I'm 17, turning 18 in a few months. I love music, and uh yeah." I mumbled awkwardly.

I was hoping she wouldn't ask why we were in here, because I sure as hell wasn't going to tell her or anyone in this room.

We started off with her explaining how to control yourself and but I zoned out pretty much the whole time. I looked over at the mysterious boy in the chair by the corner of the room only to have his eyes meet mine.

No smirk, no smile, no frown, nothing. His lips were formed in a straight line as he stared at me.

I looked away, but in all honesty, I wanted to get to know this boy. I wanted to know every detail, what he was like, what his condition was. Why everyone feared him. 

Eventually we we're let out of the therapy group so we could have an hour or so of free time. There was either the radio room, where you could listen to music or watch the shitty tv shows they had available, the game room, where you could play cards or lounge around on the furniture provided, or you could go back to your room and write or get some rest. I decided to go the radio room with Alaina.

We walked in and sat on a couch made for about three or four people. I knew some of the faces in here. There's Kourtney, she's in here for her anxiety. Tate, some psychological condition called dissociative personality disorder.

(ayye where's my ahs fans at)

Riley, severe depression. And Luke, who I knew absolutely nothing about. He sat by the radio turning it to a alternative rock station, at least the kid has good taste in music.

"This spot taken?" Tate asked giving me a small grin. I shook my head looking down at my shoes. How could some of these people act like there so happy here? I don't understand, it's absolutely horrid here. The only real decent people are the patients themselves.

"Hey, cheer up. It's not as bad here once you've been for about a week or so, but the first few days, homesickness is going to be a bitch." He chuckled.

He was right, it was only my second day and I want nothing more than to cry in a corner and call my parents to pick me up, but unfortunately, that's not how things work here.

You can't get rid of us Maylin.

We aren't going anywhere.

You belong to us.