─ Part 1/7 ─

Sirens were ringing, ringing so loudly and every second the anxiety in the scientist grew bigger and stronger. Red lights were flashing everywhere in the big building, warning that something dangerous and bad had happened and people inside the building are in danger. Distant yells of pain echoed in the dark hallway and making Taehyung shiver from fear.

Taehyung was one of the big group of scientists who started a bad experiment on an innocent animal, a cute little bunny to be exact. The scientists should have never started that test when they knew how many risks it involved. They should have never played with the laws of nature, creating something abnormal and dangerous.

Scientists were stupid and the consequences of their own creation were their doom. Now most of them are dead but some escaped. Taehyung is still in the building though but he is really lucky to be still alive and breathing.

One hour earlier...

"Taehyung-ssi, the substance is ready and we can start the test as soon as we get your permission" Taehyung's subordinate said while holding a bottle made out of glass that had weird purple mixture in it, liquid that will cause dna mutations to whoever drinks it.

Kim Taehyung was working in a big house of laboratories that only government and few outsiders knew about. The laboratories did tests that might be useful to mankind and create some big scientific breakthroughs. Government decided which successes were good enough to show to the world and not cause a great hassle.

For the past few months, Taehyung and other scientists have been trying to make substance that could give some human skills to animals . The skills were talking, intelligence and better eyesight in color wise. Of course it involved many risks, most of them leading into the test subject's death, but scientists have done some useful research. The test shouldn't cause any life threatening risks to them. Well that's what the scientists thought and not knowing that this test will very much fail and kill almost all of them.

"Yes, you can have my permission to start the test Jihoon-ssi. I have already signed the contract" Taehyung said and the younger nodded his head. The older scientist followed Jihoon to a room where the test would be held. While Jihoon was walking in front, Taehyung followed quietly behind him.

Some scientists greeted Taehyung and the man just nodded shortly for acknowledgement. He saw trough some of the glass walls that what kind of cruel tests scientists were doing. Animals were in pain and some human subjects had terrible mutations on their body. In some rooms, there were already cleaners cleaning the mess away that was left by scientists.

Taehyung sighed quietly and frowned a little. This wasn't the life he was hoping for. He had hoped to become a different kind of scientist but that one agreement to participate in a test couple of years ago changed Taehyung's life completely. He was acknowledged by other scientists and they hired him into this lab.

The man regretted for getting himself into these kind of things, doing terrible tests for the sake of making something useful for humankind but it all was done behind their backs. Taehyung had to constantly lie about his life to his friends and family. He could never have complete freedom over his words.

The man snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a light tap on his left shoulder. Taehyung looked at Jihoon who had a questioning look on his face that had a little bit of worry etched on it. Taehyung just spaced out for a long time so who wouldn't be worried?

"We're here Taehyung-ssi. You were spacing out for a quite long time" Jihoon said and patted the older's shoulder. Taehyung just smiled sheepishly and waved it off. Some scientists, that were walking past them, looked at them weirdly when the two men were just standing in front of an open door but not going in.