The Big Idea:

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to days. Pathos had traveled from Athens, to Thebes and all the way to Delphi by foot. Even to his regret. Nearly limping from exhaustion, he reaches to the city's gate guarded by two soldiers.

"Never...again...", panted Palamon's son, "will...I...do this..."

"Halt.", warned a stern sentry, "Who goes there?"

"Hang on, hang on...", Pathos pleaded, "give me a minute to catch my breathe."

Taking a huge inhale, he answers the question, "I am Pathos of Athens. Son of Palamon the soldier of Thebes and husband of princess Emily."

"What?", the other guard started, "How can you be of royal blood when you wear peasants' clothing?"

"The war on Troy had killed my father and caused my mother a broken heart. To get by, I had to sell their belongings and live the low life. I could go to Theseus for help, but he, himself, is off to fight for that Helen."

The first soldier let out a sigh, "So much trouble for one mortal slut and for one home-wrecking idiot..."

"In their defense,", Pathos said, "I have been told that this was mostly of Aphrodite's doing. After all, she was the one you rewarded Paris with Helen."

"Watch you tongue, young Pathos!", snapped the second guard, "How dare you question the action of the gods!"

"But-"

"Who are you to judge them, ", ask the other, "the ones who control your fate? Who are you to criticize the beings who have power over the galaxy? Who are you to scorn the immortal beings who shall smite you if or when they so desire?"

The Athenian paused for a minute as he looked blankly at the sentries. With a shrug, he spoke, "Well, when you put it that way..."

                                                                                            ....

    "Come on, gents! Let's talk about this like adults!", Pathos cried as the two soldiers dragged him to the court of, Lucius to confront him. Sitting with boredom at his chair, the judge had looked at at the trio with incurious eyes.

"What is it now, Alex?", inquired the disenchanted Lucius to the first guard.

"Sir,", Alex was beginning to answer, "this scoundrel has made an offense to the great goddess, Aphrodite."

"How so?"

"He has blamed her for the plight in Troy."

"And this is blasphemy because..."

"Your honor!", exclaimed the second guard, "This man questions the righteous ones! Surely a punishment must be given unto him!"

" Why should I, Matthias, when Aphrodite could have him die in loneliness as her revenge?"

The second sentry, now known as Matthias let out a sigh. It was not long until Alex stepped in once more.

"Sir, if you let him go free of consequences, the people will look to you as a lazy coward. Or worse; the goddess of shall be angry and punish us all one way or another."

Upon much contemplation, Lucius looked at the nervous Pathos. At this, the Athenian who gave an anxious smile. 

"Young man,", started the judge, "what is your title and how do you plead?"

"Pathos, son of Prince Palamon of Athens. And I plead not guilty for if Aphrodite had not given Helen to Paris, the war would not had occurred."

"Do you fear the gods?"

"Yes, I do. But I must point out their faults as they would with mine."

At this, the judge turned to the pair of soldiers.

"Alright. I shall give him punishment. But instead of having him die, I shall have him banished him from this land. Pathos shall not have to go home, but he shall not stay here."

Lucius was indifferent. Matthias was still red in the face. Pathos, was both relieved and disheartened. For he thought he would have cheeked his fortune in the town. Only for him to nearly be killed.

                                                                                               ....

    Now that he had been banished from Thebes, Pathos, as he walked out of the courthouse, he deep in thought once again.

"I can't go home now.", he said to himself, "I've came too far. Surely I can try my luck in Delphi. I think they have some oracles there...maybe-no, hopefully- they could tell me my future."

A thought suddenly came to him.

"No, no...if I have learned anything from Oedipus, it's that oracles barely tell you anything. Not even explaining anything with the specifics. But what should I do? Where else can I go?"

Then, it was as if Zeus had thrown a bolt to Pathos mind when he got a bright idea.

"I know! I shall be a crewman for a ship. I'll work there and once we reached any lands, I will explore. Surely, something shall be in store me."

 So, the son of Palamon goes all the way from Thebes to Corinth on foot once more. And, after a great deal of begging, Pathos accompanied a band of five sailors to set sail on the high seas.

 And, after a great deal of begging, Pathos accompanied a band of five sailors to set sail on the high seas

'