Prologue:

When people told themselves their past with stories,

Explained their present with stories,

Foretold the future with stories,

The best place by the fire was kept for...

The Storyteller.

...

The fire roasts the old logs as a dog lies on his ragged rug while his owner rest upon a big, torn, armchair. Looking at the amber flames, the wild-haired man thought and thought. Remembering where he had been in all years. It was then, the fairy-like elder spoke, "You know something, my old friend?"

"What?", asked the brown Pundel-pointer.

"It is truly strange how so many different lives can intertwine with one another, can it?"

The canine shrugged at his friend's statement, "I guess."

"You guess?"

"Well, that's life. People meet each other all the time. No matter where you're from. No matter where you'll go. You'll always meet strangers who will have the same experiences you'll have."

"Yes, yes,", the man in the robe nodded, "but just think of how much of an impact one can have on your live, whether by only seeing them once or by knowing them for a long time. How insightful that thought can be. How terrifying it could be. How...beautiful...it will all be."

Looking up, the fellow man began to chuckle to his pet's confusion.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing, my friend.", answered the old man who still had a smile on his face, "I was just thinking about the tale of Pathos and his rather unusual encounter with the Strange Woman."