Chapter Three

As he showed me around the house, Tom also delved a bit into the history of it and why it was so important to the mob. "My great great grandfather had lived here with his best mate, which is how the Holland clan sort of set off. He made use of cocaine and started us off as a drug ring, and then it expanded into more as years progressed," Tom mentioned as we passed another office and a closed door, "My grandfather turned the business into what it is today, but he was an idiot."

I looked at him curiously as he said that, "How so?" "He was too vulnerable. Trusted his men too much," he said and we stopped in front of another closed door. Tom opened it and revealed what was to be my dwelling for God knows how long.

The room put my apartment to shame, to say the least. A king sized bed was draped in what seemed to be silk sheets that matched the crimson wall. There was a closet the size of my bathroom right next to a 101 cm flat screen TV, and a bookshelf that contained books coated in dust.

Tom and I walked in, the both of us sitting on my bed. "Now, since you work for me and are in danger, I do need to ask you some questions," Tom said and I nodded. "Did you have any connections to the mafia before me?" He asked. "No, unless you count working at the pub," I answered and he raised an eyebrow. "The pub?" "The previous owner was part of your organization when your grandfather was in charge. Isn't that why you came in?" Now I was confused. This was common knowledge.

He waved the question off and asked, "Okay then, do you have a tragic backstory or whatever that could be used as blackmail?" I bit the inside of my cheek, I had a feeling he would ask. There was no way in hell I was saying anything; I vowed to keep my mouth shut. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "I mean, my fish is probably dead by now, so I guess I had a loved one killed by a mobster." Tom scoffed and stood up, pacing around the room, "I don't believe that."

"What that my fish is dead? Those things die quicker than a fruit fly, man," I shrugged and the mobster shook his head. "Any other idiot at the pub would have just straight up told me and got themselves killed in an instant. You didn't, so what gives?" He argued. "That's a lie, for one. Anybody would've done what I did, especially in Southwest London. Can you not face the fact that you fucked up and got some normie?" I replied. In disbelief, Tom shook his head and looked out the window, where the afternoon sunlight illuminated the room.

There was silence for a moment or two before I sighed and said, "You know, despite being very intimidated by you, I always somehow pick an argument with you." "So I scare you?" Tom perked up, a shadow of a smirk hovering over his mouth . I shook my head, "Intimidated. Not scared." He clicked his tongue and made his way back to the bed where I was perched, "That's not good."

I scooted back a little bit, not really grasping what he was going to do, "What do you mean? You shouldn't run off of fear." "And how do you know how to run an mafia, Y/N? Do you just pop your tits out whenever is convenient so that you land all your deals? Do you run an organization of drug dealers, hitmen, and sadists with benevolence? I don't fucking think so," By the last sentence, he practically pounced on top of me.

My breathing got heavier and my heartbeat was beating insanely fast. I didn't know what he was about to do. He was looking down at me, but I looked down, avoiding eye contact which probably was not my best decision. "You can't even look me in the eye," Tom muttered and hooked his index finger under my chin and lifted it so that my eyes could meet his brown ones. He leaned in close, so that his breath tickled my nose and he cocked his head to the side, "Am I scaring you now?"

To be honest, he sort of was. As I looked in the eyes of the man on top of me, I looked into the eyes of a cold blooded killer. He likes pain, lives for it in fact. Just minutes ago, he pointed a gun at me for trying to leave and now here he was, his face practically on mine. And I'm pretty sure he knew I was scared, he probably knew I lied about my tragic backstory, he probably knew my whole fucking life story. But yet, I didn't want to give him any more power than he already has.