To Find Somebody ~ 22

Start from the beginning

   "I'm so sorry, Y/N, you know how worried I get. I just—recent injuries from our comrades doesn't help put me at ease. Just be careful, and if Megatron or Soundwave are even mentioned, I want you out. A-S-A-P, okay?" The mech explained, an honest and apologetic expression on his faceplates. His love for you was only strengthened when you looked into his optics and saw even more emotion than he was willing to show on his face. It all hardened when he came to a close and his protective side came through again.

You giggled in response, causing him to smile.

   "Autobots," Optimus began. You pecked your sire on the cheek and he ran to activate the bridge. "Roll out!" The ground-bridge activated, and you, Arcee, Bee, and Optimus transformed into your alt modes, your engines rumbling loudly. You followed your leader through the portal.

——————

   You rolled out of the portal and transformed as you hopped out, landing with a thud behind your leader. You'd landed in a desert landscape, one much like the place where 'Cee and Bulkhead found the Polarity Gauntlet. The faint smile that'd been on your face disappeared as you and the team looked up at Optimus, patiently awaiting instructions.

   "Be on your guard. The signal is not far from here, and there is no doubt that Decepticons have received the signal as well," Optimus warned the team. With those words, the motorcycle and sports car activated their servo blasters. Prime's battle mask slid into place. He nodded to you, and you fished out the portable scanner you carried in your sub space. Your servo brushed the ground-bridge remote you used for your late night escapades with Megatron.

   Damnit! Not again, Megs, you thought, moaning helplessly in your helm.

   Indeed the Decepticons did get the signal. Megatron, who wanted to keep up his warlord persona (which seemed to be becoming more of an act the more he thought of your words and his affections for one of the enemy), decided that they wouldn't let such a precious item fall into Autobot servos. Because of the recent failures of relic-snatching from Knockout, Hardshell, and Dreadwing, he found it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it himself. After all, if you want something done right, you do it yourself.

   Primus has something in store for him. Or the author. Same person, really.

   Optimus nodded at you in wordless confirmation as you looked back up at him, scanner in servo. You lead the way for your teammates as you followed the relic's signal. It wasn't very far from where you had bridged to, and you mentally thanked your parent.

   It was in a pod. You found it and jogged over before you fell to your knees and carefully activated it. You put your scanner back in your sub space and watched the pod doors open.

   There it was: the data cylinder.

   "Yes!" You cheered quietly, pumping a fist into the air. Arcee let out a discreet (but still noticeable) snort at your child-like reaction. She was basically Team Prime's exasperated mom friend.

  You reached in and grabbed it with both servos, quickly bringing the cylinder to your chassis and cradling it like a newborn sparkling. You then swiftly stood up and spun around. A smile once again gracing your features.

   The sound of a ground-bride reached the audio receptors of you and your team. You all turned in that direction, blasters whirring to life. You, having nothing but your blades (hey kid, you want some blades), activated the one on your non-dominant servo. It shook fearfully, waiting patiently by your side.

   "Show yourself, Decepticons!" Optimus Prime growled. A figure surrounded by soldiers emerged from around the desert mountain, only to reveal him. The expressions of your friends hardened as they solidified their battle-ready stances. Yours was the only one that morphed into terror. Your arm with the servo blade out shook even more and you gripped the data cylinder so tightly you became afraid you might dent it.