A Helpless Kind Of Hope

Start from the beginning

Space and Time Continuum
Time Traveling Ship
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Lucie woke up laying on an unknown bed in an unknown room, wrists tied up together. The Traveler frowned, rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hands before sitting up. Her brows grew furrowed as she took in her surrounding. It was a small room, whose walls were painted with different shades of blue while the ceiling was painted in white. No windows. Just a single door. The girl tried to sit up but felt something pull on her right leg. So she removed the covers laid atop of her. And swallowed thickly when her eyes landed on a chain. She pulled a few times, with no results. Changing tactics, she crawled toward the edge of the bed, where she saw that the said chain was tied to a rather large ball. The Traveler stood, barefoot and started to pull again, to see if she could lift it up. She merely managed to lift it up a few centimeters for a split second. Then the cannonball fell back in a loud thud. The young woman swallowed thickly, hearing footsteps coming toward the door. Instinctively, she crawled back into bed, trying to get the furthest away from the door as possible.

"I see you're finally awake." The male who had entered spoke. Lucie frowned, retreating to a corner of the bed as she tried to put distance between her and the blond. She tugged until the chain pulled at her ankle making her moan in pain. The young man grinned. "Sorry for that. It's for your own safety." He got closer, sitting on the side of the bed. Lucie felt it dip, too close to her for her liking. "Oh no, don't be afraid." He held out an arm, running the fingers of his left hand through her hair. Gently, he pulled them back, even tucking a few wild strands behind her ear. The Traveler's jaw clenched but she remained unmoving, silent. "I won't hurt you." He said. "My name's Jonathan. I'm Clary's brother."

Lucie furrowed her brows. "Whose Clary?" She asked. "I don't know any Clary, I'm not trying to hurt your sister, I swear..." She replied, eyes growing prickly. "I just came because my dad told me so, I don't know who Clary is. Or what I did."

"I know." He chuckled. "You seem like a nice, well-rounded, down to earth person."

"Thank you, I guess." Lucie spoke, utterly confused.

"You look prettier awake, you have beautiful eyes." He said softly, smiling in an unnerving way.

Lucie cleared her throat. "Why did you, what  are you—" She sighed. "What am I doing here? What do you want from me?"

"Me? Nothing." Jonathan answered honestly. "Your father sent me. I'm just supposed to keep you safe, for now."

Lucie's brows knitted together as her confusion grew. "What?"

Jonathan sighed. "You're not daft right?"

"I don't think so?" The female replied, sounding more thrown off than offended.

"Good. So basically, your dad sent me to save your life. I'm protecting you."

━ ✦ ━

"PROTECTING ME?! By keeping me here? Chained to a bed?" Clary snarled.

"Yes, Carly."

Clary rolled her eyes at the male before her ready to snap. "My name is Clary." She spoke through gritted teeth.

"And mine is Leith, Leith Aconite. So? Where does that bring us?"