Chapter Seventeen: In which Sophie's throat goes sore from yelling

Sophie Foster

Sitting at a table with her friends and the Black Swan, Sophie thought she had some hope. But, unfortunately the Black Swan had nothing. They knew about the same, Dex was kidnapped by the Neverseen two days ago. They had already checked all of the Neverseen's old hideouts, but it looked like they were starting fresh. They were trying to finish what they started, and part of there evil plans some how involved Dex. "So, were just going to let him get tortured in some chair?" Sophie asked. "Were just going to let Fintan leave burn marks on his skin, that might never come off?" She hated that she couldn't do anything for her friend. She hated that this has happened to him for the second time. "No, were not going doing that. We simply need to have more infomoration of the disappearance of Mr. Dizznee. We already have some of our members searching for anywhere that the Neverseen might have made a hideout." Blur replied, his hands clasped together.

"And we sure aren't getting anywhere!" Sophie argued

"Were working there best we can Miss. Foster." Wraith added

"Doing what? By hiding behind costumes doing nothing?! You want to do something then go out in the front lines trying to get Dex back!" Sophie spat. She had enough of this. She couldn't stand that Dex could be getting tortured. Granite stood up, a look of concern on his face. Sophie stood up too, her chair falling to the ground. Keefe tried to sit her back but she pushed his hand away. "Miss. Foster, I think that you need some time alone. Mr. Sencen would you be so kind to escort her?" Granite said. Sophie was about to come back with a response but Keefe had already ushered her out of the room.

Sophie seemed to fall apart when she came to Havenfield. She sobbed into Keefe's chest, wishing everything would be fine. "Want to take a walk?" Keefe asked.

"That would be nice." Sophie whispered her throat dry from yelling. She slowly got up from the bed, Keefe following suit. She smoothed her dress and took Keefe's hand. The couple exited the house, walking along the pastures. They watched the animals, they sat under Calla's tree, they walked and talked. Anything to make Sophie calmer, anything to sooth Sophie's nerves. Just then, Sophie heard low muffles coming from the ocean. She let go of Keefe's hand, moving towards the sounds. They began to grow bigger and bigger until she could hear the faint whispers.

+Author's note+

I know! Short chapter short chapter. But, these next few chapters of finding Dex are going to be a little short unlike my 1,500 word ones.