Chapter 2

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) 

Warnings: flashback of abusive relationship and implied rape.

Alec and Magnus were leaning against their lockers enjoying each other's company before they would be swept away. "So you can heal yourself, what else can you do?" Magnus asked curiously.

Alec smiled happily at Magnus, "Simon and I have some of the same powers but we both have our own ones too. Simon is also immortal but he can't heal himself like me. I can also heal others as well as myself-"

"So why didn't you heal my mother? You have these powers you could have saved her, did you put your fear of her discovering your secret above her life?" Magnus shouted furiously.

The smile slipped off Alec's face and he looked frantically around in case anyone had heard Magnus but to his relief everyone was too focused on their conversations to hear. He and Magnus' mother were waiting for Magnus to come back from the shops one day a few years ago when someone broke in and tried to kidnap Alec. Magnus' mother saved Alec at the cost of her life.

"I'm so sorry I really tried to Magnus, but I was so young my powers weren't fully developed. I couldn't heal life threatening wounds", Alec said his hands shaking.

Magnus took Alec's hands gently, "I'm sorry, thank you so much for trying-"

Alec took his hands away from Magnus, he wanted his comfort but at the same time he was so upset by what Magnus had said. What happened that day was so traumatic for Alec, he still woke up tears streaming down his face from nightmares. He felt terrible for surviving when Magus' mother didn't, he still remembered her caressing his face as she died telling him not to blame himself and to look after Magnus for her. He and Magnus bonded even more through the comfort they tried to give each other and Magus' words made his heart ache, "You really hurt me Magnus".

"I know I wish I hadn't said that I'm-" Magnus tried to say but Alec turned to leave and Magnus grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Alec please I'm sorry".

Alec shrugged Magnus' arm of and stormed off.

Alec glared at Magnus when he sat in the seat next to him in class, Alec wanted to move but the others joined him before he could. Alec sighed but he didn't want to cause a scene by fighting with Magnus so he reluctantly stayed where he was and tried to pretend he wasn't upset with Magnus. Clary's phone beeped and when she checked her phone she tried to throw it in anger but Izzy stopped her.

"Clary what's wrong?" Izzy asked in concern.

"My father is coming to Roswell with my brother, but are they coming to see me? No! They just want to hunt aliens!" Clary said furiously.

Alec shared a scared look with Simon and Magnus wrapped his arm protectively around Alec's waist making Alec glare at him again but he didn't shrug him off this time he needed the comfort. Valentine and his son Jonathan were famous alien hunters, they were known for being very ruthless and dangerous when it came to hunting aliens and he was terrified they would discover him and Simon.

Simon put an arm around Clary trying to put aside his fear to comfort his friend. "I'm so sorry Clary, hey how about we all go to Taki's after school?" Clary managed to smile gratefully at Simon as everyone eagerly agreed.

Alec inwardly groaned when he saw his ex boyfriend Victor saunter into the room and head straight to him. His relationship with Victor had not ended well and Victor just wouldn't let go. He kept trying to pressure Alec into getting back together with him and stalked him, it had gotten so bad that Alec had tried to get a restraining order but Victor's family were powerful and Alec had failed. Victor grabbed Alec's hand and yanked him up, he put his arm tightly around Alec waist and tried to kiss Alec but Magnus pulled Alec away and stood protectively in front of him. Even though Alec was upset with Magnus he was grateful that Magnus was trying to protect him from Victor.