04| Explosion

C h a p t e r  F o u r
Ashley Chase

C h a p t e r  F o u r Ashley Chase

♣️  ♣️  ♣️

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" I yell as as an explosion erupts from the booth above us.

I quickly get down onto the floor, pulling Peggy and Steve down with me in the process. Once the smoke clears, I stand back up and look at the devastation around me.

Before I could help anyone, I hear two gun shots. Dr. Erskine falls to the ground with a thud. I quickly pull my Beretta 92FS out of its holder and put it into position. I start shooting at the culprit as he tries to get away using the stairs. One of my bullets hits him in the leg while Peggy's gets him in the shoulder.

Peggy sprints off towards the man. I go towards Steve and Dr. Erskine.

I slowly approach Steve as Dr. Erskine points at Steve's heart. His body goes limp and his eyes slowly close. He wanted to Steve to always follow his heart.

Steve lifts his head with an angry expression spread across his face. His once soft blue eyes were now clouded with anger and hate. He sprints towards the culprit and I closely follow.

As we get into the shop, I notice that the old lady has been shot as well. Her gun laid next to her. She was ready to fight. I also notice that her eyes are still open, I place two fingers on her eye lids and gently push them close.

Steve bolts out of the door with my hot on his heels. Peggy stands in the middle of the road, gun raised as she shoots at He yellow car coming towards her. I quickly dive to grab her and move her out of the way so she doesn't get hit by the car. I land on my ribs harshly. I wince at the combination of pain from my abdomen, which is now bleeding again and the pain from my ribs.

"Steve go after him!" I shout as Steve sprints off to catch the cold blooded murderer.

"I would have so done it myself, but I have an injury!" I say trying to make light of the situation

♣️ ♣️ ♣️

Steve finally returns to the army base, as do Peggy and I. Steve is led straight off to a medical room, Peggy and I follow behind.

I move away from everyone and lift up my shirt. I rip off a piece of my shirt and wrap it round my abdomen. I then check my ribs, only to find black and purple bruises forming quickly.

"Think you got enough?" I hear Steve ask as I re-enter the room, referring to the amount of blood samples taken from him.