02| Army Base

C h a p t e r T w o
Ashley Chase

C h a p t e r  T w o Ashley Chase

♣️ ♣️ ♣️

My eyes slowly flutter open as a muffled moan escapes my lips. It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright lights around me. I jolt up from the laying position I was in and check my surroundings for danger. I'm in the hospital wing at an army base. I wince at the pain I felt rush through my abdomen, my hand instinctively pressing against the wound. I check my hand for any blood but all I felt was a soft, white pressure dressing wrapped around my torso. I slowly strip away my blood stained shirt to reveal the stab wound on my shoulder, it had been cleaned and dressed just like the one of my abdomen.

I slowly sit myself up.

"You shouldn't strain yourself, Captain Chase, it will take longer for your wounds to heal!" Dr. Erskine warns as he pulls back the curtain which segregates me from the rest of the army base.

I roll my eyes and scoff at his comment.

"What happened to the 107th? Are they okay? Where's Bucky?" I say, demanding an answer from him. I jumped out of bed, getting ready to go and look for them.

"You're lucky. Bucky saved your life, if he hadn't of gotten you to the hospital bay when he did you probably wouldn't be talking to me now! Don't worry, the 107th are safe and okay but they failed to evacuate the prisoners, Once you got shot everyone panicked and aborted the mission" Dr. Erskine explains.

I put my head in my hands while sighing in frustration!

"They had one objective, rescue the prisoners, that's all I wanted them to do!"

"I'm sure they were all more worried about you Captain!" He defended

"They shouldn't be, I say the same thing to them before every mission, if something happens to me they carry on and complete the missions, no matter what!" I express angrily as I look at my surroundings, once again they are unfamiliar and I begin to panic, thinking I'm in the middle of no where.

"Where am I?" I question

"An army base in New Jersey, since you aren't going to be in the field for a little while, Colonel Phillips has assigned you and one other solider to train the new recruits, you can wonder around for a bit if you like but I recommend you get changed first!" Dr. Erskine leaves my tent. I look down at my body to see that my clothes are soaked in blood, also ripped to pieces. I look around frantically looking for something to wear. I spot some spare clothes laying on a small table at the bottom of my bed.