01| Base Takedown

C h a p t e r O n e
Ashley Chase

C h a p t e r  O n eAshley Chase

♣️  ♣️  ♣️

"FIRE NOW!" I yell at the soldiers in the 107th infantry, who I've been Captain of since I was 18. To many that was seen as impossible considering not only my age but my gender too, but that didn't stop me from achieving my dream.

My finger teased the trigger as I waited for a solider to come into range. I suddenly pulled hard on the trigger, killing the Nazi soldiers in front of me. I couldn't keep count of the soldiers I've killed over the years, but I know it is easily in the hundreds. It's sad to think you could forget the amount of lives you have taken but unfortunately it's how the war works, it's not for the weak minded.

We finally make it to the front door of the Nazi facility, I signal for one the guys to open it.

"Go, go, go!" I whispered

I was on guard, waiting to give the Nazi guards hell. I double check to make sure no one was left behind and proceed on through to direct the group.

My best friend Bucky Barnes is the last one through and despite being in a war zone, he flashes a smile at me - opening the door and gesturing me to move through. Such a gentlemen.

"Why thank you Sargent Barnes!"

"My pleasure, Captain!" He nodded

I move on through and try to ignore his gorgeous baby blue eyes following every movement I make.

I stop quickly scanning around for danger, I feel a hand on my lower back, I was about to start to fight but I heard Bucky's reassuring voice! I immediately let my guard down.

"Relax Chase it's me!"

I sigh in relief at the fact it was Bucky.

My relief is quickly cut short when shots were fired at us. I signal for the 107th to take cover around the sides of the building, it would be harder to make us a target.

I peer around the wall to see all their snipers conveniently on the right side, either it's a flaw in their tactics or a way to set us up, I'm hoping it's the first option.

"Get on the right walk quickly!" I shouted, we had to get underneath them, they couldn't shoot us from that angle

I quickly make my way up to the front of the group, getting ready to lead them through the dark corridor ahead.
"Barnes!" I say quietly

"Here Captain!" He says crouching beside me

"Eliminate the targets!"
He pulls out his sniper and lines up the red dot at the end of the scope. He pulls the trigger and all the soldiers drop to the floor with a flood.

"Targets eliminated!" He says

"Good job Barnes!" I reply

I signal to the rest of the group that it was time to move. I pulled out my Beretta 92FS, checking to make sure it was loaded and had enough ammo in it. I released the magazine from its holder and replaced it with another from my pocket.

I push open the door and make sure everything is clear. It is, with rows of cells left unguarded. This has to be set up. There is no way Hydra would leave prisoners unguarded. Suddenly, Nazi soldiers start to flood into the room.

I quickly pull the trigger of my Beretta and start to kill them. I quickly run out of ammo. I don't panic - knowing things go wrong when people panic - I start to use my hand to hand combat. A soldier cave through and he is a lot stronger than the rest.

I take care of the only Nazi soldier left around me, I jump and wrap my legs around his neck, Squeezing my legs together to pull him down. I punch him as hard as I could, hearing a satisfying crunch when my fist collides with his face.

I sprint over to the stronger soldier and kick him. I try punching him around the face but he pulled out a knife, stabbing me in the shoulder. I wince in pain but carry on fighting. I kick his legs out from underneath him and press my foot against his wind pipe tightly. He soon passes out, I line my Beretta up in-between his eyes, getting ready to shoot when I felt a searing pain rip through my abdomen.

A Nazi soldier shot me.

Bucky ran towards me but something hard collides with my ribs. I yell out in pain whilst falling to the floor. Instinctively, my hand put pressure on the wound. I saw Bucky fighting the big guy! He grabbed Bucky by his neck and began to strangle him. A gun laying on the ground near me catches my eye, I start to crawl over to it, I point it at the guy and don't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Bucky drops to floor, trying to catch his breath. I fall onto my back, Bucky quickly is by my side. I saw his mouth move, forming words that I can't hear. A loud ringing sound fills my ears, preventing me from hearing. The sounds of screams of fear bombard my already ringing ears.

"Get the 107th and the prisoners out Buck! Get them out before it's too late! Leave me and go!" I mutter before my eyes slowly close and everything goes black.