4

"marcel!"

still no response.

i followed him to the car as rain started pouring.
he didn't go faster, he just walked in the same harsh manner. i ran to catch up and jumped into the passenger seat. his clothes were soggy and his face was upset.

"hey, what's wrong," i cooed, grabbing his hand

"i'm fine," he corrected, pulling his hand away, "it's not like we wanna be late for marco." i was confused, "what do you mean?"

he pressed the ignition, and glared, "nothing."

i opened my phone and looked through my snapchat, received from marco. i clicked the chat and read what he last sent, i was not the first one to have read it. marco had asked me out and marcel had left him on read, petty bitch.

i looked back at him, "is this what you're upset about?"

he had no response but to turn up the radio in the car. i smacked his hand and turned it down. "ow," he winced.

"please tell me why you're upset marcel," i pleaded.

"nah."

i grabbed my hoodie and put it on, i pulled the hood over my head and pointed my knees towards the door. i wasn't gonna beg. i pulled out my phone and texted matteo.

me: sounds like a plan baby ;))

he responded almost immediately.

marco: ill pick you up at 5:30? send addy

me: mkkk ill see u then

i grabbed a pair of headphones from my backpack and plugged them into my phone. i selected my playlist and blasted it. i scrolled through my socials again but looked through matteo's shit. i went through his insta, tagged posts, and his twitter. this boy was hot. he seemed like a sweetheart too. he posted about his family and his dog. he posted his trips abroad with his soccer team and his friends. i was actually excited to go out with him, he seemed very nice.

after a solid drive we finally entered our neighborhood. marcel entered the pin and the community gates opened. then he looked at me.

"i'm sorry for being a little bitch," he apologized, rolling up his window. i said nothing. he drove down my street and parked in my driveway.

"please have fun at your date, be safe and call me if you need anything. ok?" he gently spoke.

i smiled, "thank you, i will." i leaned over and hugged him. i pulled my backpack over my shoulder and opened the car door.

"i'll see you tomorrow."

i pulled my keys from my bag and checked the time. i had 45 minutes. i walked in and locked the door behind me, i greeted my dogs, fed them, and quickly jogged upstairs.

i flicked the switch to my vanity and pressed play on my sonos. i wanted to go natural so i applied a skin tone concealer for correction, a warm brown in my crease, soft brows, peachy blush, golden highlight, dramatic mascara, and a clear gloss. i had finished my look in 20 minutes so i decided to add some accessories, since i'd be wearing the same clothes i wore to school. i pulled my gold chain out from the inside on my shirt. i found some small gold hoops and a red scrunchie for my wrist. i grabbed my perfume and sprayed it generously over myself. the time now read 5:17 and i was about ready. i went downstairs to greet my parents who just got home from work and i noticed the rain turned to a drizzle. it never fucking rains here. i swapped my hoodie for a red adidas windbreaker and sat on the couch.

marco ;) is typing...

from marco ;)

marco: are you ready bbg?

me: yep

marco: ok im omw :))

about 10 minutes later the doorbell rang and i opened it to be greeted by marco, he was ridiculously hot. he stood at almost 6 feet tall and radiated the scent of coconuts and cologne. his curls were damp, probably from a combination of the drizzle and a shower, his jaw was perfectly cut, and his smile was relaxed. he was wearing peach hoodie, black chinos, and a matching pair of golf le fleurs. he also had a chain dangling from his neck, a couple rings, and a single rose in his right hand. he gestured the rose to me as his voice came out deep and raspy, "for you, from a random bouquet in my house." i giggled and plucked it from his hand as i closed the front door behind me. he led me to his corvette and opened the door for me. the atmosphere of his car was cozy, soft music played in the background and there were  air fresheners in his vents.

it wasn't long till we arrived at our destination, a small coffee shop at the corner of a quiet outer-city intersection. he led me in and i honestly started getting nervous. my chest felt a bit tight, my heart beat got heavier, and my hands got clammy. i tried to ignore the feeling as we sat down at a dimly lit table in the corner of the cafe. i felt guilty.

after we had ordered our drinks we started talking. twenty minutes had passed and the conversation seemed smooth and relaxed.

"so, what do you like to do in your free time," marco questioned. his elbows sat on the table as he tightly clasped the cup of his coffee.

"i really like music?"

"yo, me too," he responded, picking up his coffee, "lets go somewhere."

we walked back into his car and he handed the aux cord over, "surprise me," he said. adrenaline rushed to my fingers as i selected some music from my library, i loved it.