Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I feel the same too. See you later. - Hailey.

Stuffing my phone in my pocket I hurried back to my room.

****

So here I was, in my room staring at my reflection whilst waiting for the clock to struck 6. I had on a simple outfit consisting of a black slim fit jeans and blue tank top. Over it I put on white crop-top with gold designs on it and paired it with my black converse. I had on light make up and left my hair down, letting the natural curls fall perfectly. Was it enough not that needed any approval, but was this what one would wear on a date.

"Well, look who's all insecure now. The mighty Hailey doubts her dressing." My wolf spoke up with sarcasm.

"Oh shush. You really have a habit of appearing at wrong times. And no I am perfectly confident about my clothes." I grumbled lifting my chin up.

"Well I don't care as long as I have my mate with me." She stated. I just growled lowly knowing very well that if she had her way she would go butt naked in front of him. Bloody wolf hormones. I swear one day she will make me look like a complete fool in front of Zach.

The phone beeped and I quickly opened it. As expected it was from him. The clock read 5:59pm. Wow he really is punctual.

"Hey. I hope you're ready? I am waiting at the front door. - Zach

"Okay. Be there in two. - Hailey.

I took one last glance at myself and then quickly made my way down. I skipped down the stairs excitement increasing in every step. But my smile faltered when I saw Liam near the first floor stairs. He was reading something on his phone but lifted his head when I neared him. I had completely forgotten about him. Not once did he ever cross my mind and that brought guilt within me. I was a horrible person. How could I forget about the one person who did so much for me and never expected anything in return?

As his eyes met mine his face broke into a beautiful smile. I smiled back but I was sure it didn't reach my eyes. He walked up to me and took me into his arms. His warm arms no longer felt familiar. It no longer made me safe. I felt as if I was in a stranger's arm. My wolf was uncomfortable and she wanted to step away but I couldn't do that to him, so I hugged him back awkwardly.

"Hailey, Nate is alright. I am so glad and it's all thanks to you. I have never been so happy in my life. Everything will be alright." He beamed. It was clear on his face that hearing about Nate's recovery has brought relief into his eyes. I nodded at him. He reached for my hand and kissed it, but I felt nothing. He didn't have any effect on me. Tears formed in my eyes as the guilt filled me to the brim. And this was one of the many times I wished I had never meet him.