chapter no 9: Staring

Start from the beginning

I can see that She was holding her chuckle back, because she bit her bottom lip occasionally.

"Oh Queen of the great lost Kingdom. We are great full to you for your kind forgiveness." Fatima said dramatically, and played along with Caroline.

I couldn't hold my laugh so I burst out laughing genuinely. Fatima and Caroline also laughed with me.

Fatima wiped her tears which was caused due to laughing. "Okay.. that's enough... I have to leave for my class now." She said between her chuckles.

"Yeah bye." We waved at her as she walked away.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

I sat down on my seat Damon sat on the seat which was on my right side in a row and his friends were on his side. Caroline was also seating next to me.

His friends started whispering bad things about me loudly. I know they were taking about me it was so obvious because I was only one who wear hijab in my class.

There comments made my stomach to twist in an awful way, it made me feel like an outsider, I have always felt like outcasted one, ever seen I wore hijab.

I have struggled my way to pass through these people my whole life. I always let their words effect me, Every word leaves a scar, a scar which can not be undone. There words were clear.

"Look at the loser towel head. she showed up again."

"Yeah mam. She so such a wicked Always wanting attention."

"I think she is deaf. Can't she see that we all don't want her here."

"Man. You make no sense. If she is deaf. So what's with not seeing thing. Huh?" Alex said.

"Stop fighting you dorks. She is both deaf and blind." Kyle snapped at them.

"Don't speak too loud. What If she hears you. You don't want that." Damon loudly whispered so that everyone can hear him.

My tears stinging in my eyes by hearing all this. I would feel my self esteem going into smoke.

Ya Allah give me strength. I don't want to be weak.

I made dua in my mind and closed my eyes. Caroline rubbed my hand. I looked at her she gave me an apologetic smile. I simply nodded.

"What if she hears us. It's not like she can do anything." Kyle retorted.
His friends snickered.

"She might blow us all with a bomb. Like it's what everyone in her religion loves to do." Damon said with amusement laced on his sentence.

That's it I am not going to listen anything against my religion.
I turned to face Damon. I was ready to face anything.

When I looked at him. He had a victory smirk because he knew that it would caught me off guard and it did.

"isn't it? Blue. That's what you love." He gazed with his forest green which beams with glint of mischievous in them into my clear blue sky eyes which were now darken.

I open my mouth to say the most witty comeback. But his eyes held so many emotions as he looked at me. It was not excitement, not amusement, not revenge, not rage, not anything for which I was prepared.

I wanted to speak but the tension in the air increased, his gaze pinned me, not letting me utter a single word.

Those emotions were something different sadness, hurt, pain, damage and another amazing emotion that he and only he have in his ember eyes.