Missing Scene

"Uh, Tony," Happy started in a quiet voice, "There was a problem with the jet..."

"A problem? What kind of problem?" Tony's tone was only mildly interested as he tinkered with his StarkPad. "How big are we talking about here; camera go out, bird fly into an engine, person saw it?"

"Well... A lot of people saw it..."

There was a pause as Tony processed what was said, his hands setting the pad down as he looked at the seats in front of him in his car. "What do you mean 'a lot of people saw it'?"

"Sir... the jet crashed..." Happy swallowed thickly as he took in the silence from his boss, a nervous sweat breaking out across his skin.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you right." Tony's voice was clipped, something he did when he was annoyed. "The jet that I gave you control of, the invisible jet that I designed myself, that can fly on its own, crashed? Is that what you said?"

"It seems that someone was trying to hijack it. We have the guy in custody though and are transporting him to prison now, but-"

"How much of my stuff was damaged? God, this is going to be a disaster in the press... Do we know for sure that no one else was there to take anything? I'm coming in now, we need to do an inventory-"

"Tony!"

"What?"

Happy let out a sigh, "The kid is the one that stopped the hijacking."

There was another long pause as Tony sucked in a ragged breath, "What kid? Our kid -- Spider-kid?"

"Yeah... There's webs all around the guy and the boxes, and he left a note saying that this is the Vulture guy he was talking about. But, Tony... It doesn't look good here. There's a lot of blood all over the place and even though this guy was bleeding, it wasn't nearly as much as what we found on the ground."

"I'll be right there."

Tony hung up, telling his driver to pull over so he could get out and pull a case from the trunk of the car. His suit powered up and caged in around him in seconds, letting him blast off to where F.R.I.D.A.Y. told him was the site of the crash.

Tony was there within minutes, hovering over the beach and taking in the fire and wreckage before landing in front of Happy.

"Any sign of him?" Tony asked as he scanned the area, his heart beating faster than it should have been.

"Nothing yet," Happy, though worn and nervous, informed without missing a beat, "but I have groups of men going up and down the beach to look for him."

Tony nodded before taking to the sky again, backtracking in the direction of the city. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., switch to thermal. Look for traces of any enhanced humans in the area, as well as anyone that's wounded."

"Potential target located," The AI said nearly a second later. "He matches both points of interest and is the right height and build for Peter Parker."

"Good, where is he?"

"He's on top of the Cyclone roller coaster in the amusement park; he's not looking so good, boss..."

Tony turned his head, seeing the coaster from a distance and immediately flying towards it. Now that he knew where he was, Tony could faintly make out the form of the young enhanced boy at the very top.

"Hey, kid, didn't you hear the park's close because some idiot crashed a Stark Jet into the beach?" He tried to joke once he was close enough as he silently ran a damage analysis on the teen.

Peter's head lolled to the side, his split lip and bloodied face making Tony cringe in regret. He was already blaming himself for all of this.

"Mr. Stark...?"