The Breather x Reader (2/3)

It was three weeks later that you decided to take your fortifications down. If he wasn't coming back, what was the point of it?

"I'm an idiot." You laughed to yourself without humor, as you had every night since he had been gone. You had only known him for just a little over a month, and he had wanted to kill you the entire time. You were entirely sure of it. Just over a month. You had had friends of over six months leave you, and you had been just fine.

So why did this hurt you so much?

"I'm an idiot." You repeated and sank to the floor, pulling out your phone. That number he had called you from, that first night, was it his real number? Probably not. That would be far too risky for him. Should you call and see?

You sighed and stood, phone in hand once again, finger hovering over the call button. You faced the door window, and pressed it.

One ring.

That's good. At least it was ringing. That means that it is active, at the very least.

Two rings.

Your breath hitched, nervous beyond compare. Please pick up. Please.

Three rings.

"Добрый вечер."

You froze, your body going numb. That voice came from right behind you. It came from right behind you. You are caught aware of the phone slipping from your hand and clattering to the floor, screen up.

You spun and faced the man Russian man. "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?"

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You had put yourself in a corner. There was no way around this guy to escape.

He tilted his head and stared.

Maybe... Maybe if you...

Without thinking much more on it, you flung yourself straight at him. He stumbled back a few steps. There! There's your opening!

You darted around him and ran, no destination in mind.

The window by your computer desk was open! That must be how he got in. You were two feet from escape when your head snapped back and you were pulled back by your hair. You screamed and struggled.

"Get off of me! Get off!" You yelped in pain when he yanked you back against him. Your hands went to his arm, trying to relieve the pressure on your scalp.

A sudden burst of air across your face was the only warning you got before the man in the ski mask slammed your head down on the table. Your vision started to blur. Were you about to pass out, or was it the tears welling up in your eyes. You couldn't really tell.

The kidnapper released you and you sank to the ground. You were so dizzy. A wet, dripping sensation came from your hairline. You pressed a shaky hand against it and pulled back.

Blood. You were bleeding.

You have to move. You have to get up and escape. But it hurt to move. You groaned and rolled onto your hands and knees. The kidnapper tilted his head at you once again. You have to stay awake. You have to fight.

The blood was dripping down your forehead and into your eyes now.

You couldnt. Your vision was getting more and more blurred by the second. You crashed back down to the ground and groaned.

It would be better if you just went to sleep. It would be all over if you just went to sleep.

A sudden crashing noise was heard from another room. The kidnapper cursed, from what you can gather, and put you over his shoulder.

"Put them down." That voice, you know that voice. But from where?

The man holding you said something, but you couldn't quite tell what.

"They're mine. Put them down." There was a sharp intake of breath from the russian, and then you were being flung onto the table.

"Jay." You gasped out. You weren't able to focus, but you would know that black hoodie and surgical mask anywhere. Was he going to kill you now?

"Shit." He lifted you off of the table and carried you out of your house.

"Where... Where are you taking me?" It was getting harder to think.

He answered, but it all sounded like noise and static.

You passed out, but not before you realized that he had come back for you. To save you.