The Breather x Reader (1/3)

© Belongs to TheFallenBlackRose from Archive on your own. Hope you enjoy

----

You wiped your hands on your pants and stepped back. This barricade that you put up should do just fine.

You checked your phone again. Three missed calls. You knew there was an issue from the moment you had gotten that first call.

Of course you already knew what was going on the moment you picked up. Everyone on the deep web community knew who this guy was, and how he picked his victims.

You took one last glance at the boarded up door and returned to your computer.

It was another three hours before you heard footsteps on your front lawn.

You ran and peered through the window on the door. You had purposely left a small gap to see through.

Your eyebrows pinched together when you noticed the white van parked across the street. When had that gotten there. Then you looked to the left.

There he was. He was wearing black jeans, a black hoodie, and a medical mask. Rubber gloves were rolled over his hoodie sleeves.

And his eyes. They were angry and intense. You gulped and continued watching as he approached the front door.

You had always thought it weird that he had set rules for himself. "He'll only come through the front door." You had heard. You just hoped that that information was correct.

The door knob started to turn. You looked on as he jiggled at the handle.

Frustrated that the door wouldn't open, he looked up. His eyes met yours and cold terror rushed through your veins.

You dropped to the floor and braced the barricade with your body as he rammed the door.

You fell asleep against the door once it stopped shaking, too exhausted to stay awake.

---------

He came back the next night. You had already strengthened the barricade.

He just... stood at the door. Glaring at it. "I know you're in there." He finally talked.

"I know you're out there." You replied. You refused to let him get the better of you. Not again. You would not be scared again.

He went back to glaring at the door.

He left an hour later.

------------

He came back every night for a week. Just silently standing at the door before you said another word to him.

You peered out the window at him, and his glare deepened.

"What's your name?"

His eyes flashed surprise, before he punched the door.

"Why exactly would you want to know? Planning on turning me in to the police?"

You looked out at the street, then back to him. "If I was going to do that, I could have already done that, Mr. Creepy Stalker Murderer guy."

His face was blank for a long while after that.

" Uh, well... My name is-"

"Y/N. I know."

"Oh."

"My name is Jay."

He didn't say a word after that, nor did he let you respond. He turned and left.

------------

The next day, you put a plate of leftovers on the porch for him.

"You're here so much. I never see you eat." You shrugged and explained. He refused to touch it.

------------

It took him another week to even pick up the leftover you always sat out at night and retrieved in the morning. He left your view for a few minutes, then came back with the empty plate.

"It was too bland." He deadpanned.

You snorted and grinned at him. "And yet you ate it all."

"Yeah, well." He put the plate down and looked at you again. Then he walked away.

-----------

He wasn't there the next night.